Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 26 April 2020

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a wonderful week and stays healthy and safe!

• Annette: I'm so very, very glad that you were able to enjoy watching the osprey. What a special time for you. That's wonderful. I hope you see more whales in the near future.

• Diane: Oh no!  Time to reprogram your thoughts to focus on all the good things you've done, including helping tech-challenged folks on this thread sort out their computer problems. :-)

AQ:  :-)   (I have a pad of stickies and a pen on the bedside table to write down all those things I forgot that day and really must do tomorrow.)

Nice day here; did practically nothing except make sure garden was watered before the hot dry winds arrived (which they did).  All rather non-May from a weather standpoint. Alternated moving the sprinkler with naps and periods with Maeve Binchy's Tara Road, which I'm re-reading.  

I see that Canada has banned assault-style weapons. Just like that.   I really am beginning to think I'm living in the wrong country.....  Sigh.

• Unknown said:
    Diane: Oh no!  Time to reprogram your thoughts to focus on all the good things you've done, including helping tech-challenged folks on this thread sort out their computer problems. :-)

Bless you all,so many of us pack so much into our Head throughout the day, tis no wonder it does not want to  let us sleep.

For what it's worth,I wonder if this may help

We need to give the Mind something else to focus on in a repetitive way, The Mind at night is like rowdy playful children, dashing here and dashing there.We have to help it calm down.

Try as you lay down repeating after some deep rhythmic breaths," I am ready for a good nights sleep"

Continue deep breathing , asking those above to help CALM your mind.

Keep pulling yourself back everytime you wander off to start worrying.( Remember the rowdy children,always wanting to rush and shout)

Tis not easy but we need to give our minds, boring repetitive  things to think of,instead of all those tasks misdemeanors etc

Try belly breathing...IN ,to count of five ,OUT ,slowly deeply to count of six/seven KEEP repeating Gently.

Yesterday has gone,Tomorrow will look after itself, NOW is with us to try and control.

Take care

• Good Morning. Dry and bright here. Lots of things on my To Do List which should have been done yesterday.

Diane, I put "like" on your post about what you think of when in bed, but only because I think you're certainly not alone in that one. The mind wanders when we don't have distractions. Thank you for your advice, SunnyKate.

Must go and get on with that list - it includes claiming back a refund on a hotel booking for June, for the wedding we won't be going to. At first, we thought we might go away for the weekend anyway, to explore parts of Yorkshire we'd not seen before, but now they've written to us to say they will of course be closed. The wedding itself might be held a full year away from the original plan, as the couple wanted it to be at the moment of the Summer Solstice.

• Lindybird said:
    Thank you for your advice, SunnyKate

Morning Lindy, Oh dear NOT intended as ADVICE , just thoughts that might assist    CHOL:):)

Enjoy your busy day, hope you manage to complete,but like you always carrys over to next dayDoh!! we can but try.

• Diane, just catching up with all the posts as I couldn't get on yesterday and what a beautiful dream you had. I think like many of us our dreams are more vivid and strange.

Also for the first time for a long time, I had an awful nightmare and had sleep paralysis, which is horrible. I hope that doesn't happen again for along time - it must be due to the times we are living in  and the feeling that things are out of our control etc.

Also loved the video!

After 2 days of rain and hailstones the sun is out so I will be getting some shopping and planting some hollyhocks and geraniums in the garden.

Have a good weekend everyone and stay safe and well.

• HARELADY - I can empathise as had sleep paralysis for the first time when on night duty in a maternity home, many years ago. I had never heard of it and when I described it to a colleague, she immediately said ' night nurses' paralysis'. Brain awake but body asleep and would not move. Horrible....
  • Heather, Harelady - I also used to have sleep paralysis. It is horrible, and scary. My daughter also suffered from it at one time, and fortunately, I was able to tell her what it was.
    I had read an article about it somewhere, and was relieved to find out that it was a recognised condition.
  • Sounds awful -I've heard of sleep paralysis but never met anyone who'd experienced it.

Sunny here but too cold a wind to sit out. Went a few streets away to see some children doing a Maypole dance, for May Day which had been organised by their parents. The pole kept falling down as it was only short and not fastened firmly enough into the ground, but fun was had by all. Can't show photos here without permission of the parents, sadly.
  • But a dinosaur arrived to cheer everyone up once the dancing ended!