Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 26 April 2020

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a wonderful week and stays healthy and safe!

• Ever consider what our dogs must think of us? I mean, here we come back from a grocery store with the most amazing haul, chicken, pork, half a cow. They must think we’re the greatest hunters on earth! (Anne Tyler)

Today’s special. Buy one Fish & Chips for the price of two and receive a second Fish & Chips Absolutely Free.

The woman just ahead of you at the supermarket checkout has all the delectable groceries you didn’t even know they carried. (Mignon McLaughlin)

I can’t believe it, 9 months until Pancake Day and the shops are already selling flour and eggs.

• I have seen that before, AQ but not for years. I am still smiling :-) Thanks !
  • It is quite cool here this morning
    Yesterday I went shopping, to Tesco. It is all extremely organised with arrows on the floor ( one way system, up one aisle and down the next) and 2m distances clearly marked. The shop was quiet and apart from one character who was clearly intent on ignoring all the guidelines, everyone was being polite to each other. The staff outnumbered the customers and we were lining up 2m apart just before the checkouts. A staff member directed each customer to a checkout that was free so only one customer at a time at a checkout.
    I find this to be a fine system but one of my daughters prefers to shop in another major supermarket because she thinks that Tesco is 'too regimented'. Then she said how much she is disliking shopping at the moment, feels anxious!
  • AQ - Thank you for the video. It certainly made me smile. I left it running - and this one came next - which made me smile even more!

www.youtube.com/watch
  • My favourite, Pat.

Thanks to you both for posting: we have the recording of this concert, which we get out now & then to enjoy.

Good Morning (just). Was busy 1st thing watching the b'day celebrations for Captain Tom Moore & discussing all the goings on with my sis in law Sue. Then forgot to come on here.

Well done on coping with Tescos, Heather - it's all rather alien but at least it means we can browse in the shops. Hope you got what you wanted. Every time I go out I think of 4 things I could have got but didnt think to look for. I'm rather disorganised, although I do make list.
  • Pat I saw that somewhere recently. She is so funny, esp when she reads her own poems, usually with a cheeky glint in her eye.
  • LINDY- I make a list but like you, when I get home, think about things that could have been on that list!
    WENDY - I have to sign in, often and it seems mostly to be after I have cleared the history on my Kindle.

Feeling rather flat today, missing seeing family. It seems much longer than five weeks!

• Morning all    Did I miss something re dibnlib's response to PatO?  I saw two Three Tenors videos (one from AQ and one from PatO), but then dibnlib said something about somebody being funny when reading her own poems?

Just back from stores where one older gentleman was inadvertently going the wrong way down the aisle and commented "Good job I'm not on the freeway!" as he passed me. :-)   I did the same thing when the stores first introduced them - was too busy looking at items on shelves until a lady kindly asked me if I'd noticed the arrows on the floor.  Duh.

California Governor Newsom announced this morning that all the state's beaches will be closed this weekend thanks to the idiots who jammed some of them last week.   Honestly, I think we should round up all the people who don't think social distancing is necessary right now and send them off to one state then shut the border so they can mingle to their hearts desire.  Grumble, grumble.  Thankfully, that doesn't apply to the bluffs above the beach where I go to wave to whales.....

Heather/Wendy: Having to sign in would make sense after you've cleared your browser history.  I think it's the cookies that remember us, but Diane would know more about that.

• Annette - I think that referred to the poem by Pam Ayres.