DYFI NEST OBSERVATIONS & CAPTURES - APRIL 2020

The purpose of this thread is for recording all observations and captures of the daily nest activity leaving the main Dyfi Osprey Project 2020 thread for all blogs, updates and general news of the Dyfi nests.   

© Montgomery Wildlife Trust / captured by Scylla

Wishing Monty and Telyn a safe journey home and for another successful season

•  Reprise from a few years ago when Monty was doing exactly this an Ems said :    ''Monty looking south for Glesni''

only it's Telyn looking south for Monty, sigh.

Shove off youngster -  as delightful as you are  you need to find a nest and female of your own

• 18:53 Unringed male on the nest with a live fish

Ems changed the camera view - Telyn still on the cam post with her fish

©MWT/DOP

• Sandra P said:

18:53 Unringed male on the nest with a live fish

Ems changed the camera view - Telyn still on the cam post with her fish

©MWT/DOP

i would love to see some data on the % of Osprey chicks we believe are ringed n the last 5 years. Anyone can assist?

• I can't C Ringer, hopefully someone else can assist you
  • Sorry about your problems, LIMPY, but I think it may be due to internet usage being very high - I know it's Sunday but so many people are working from home now, as well as the surge of osprey-watchers at this time.  I've been stymied by disruptions to my usually 99% reliable downloader, am distraught here.

I did catch a view of the new boy while checking the live stream in case I had an out-dated URL - "Well that's not our Monty!", sez me, perceptively ;-D  I gave him a frame even tho it's dingy evening light and a rare instant live snap.  And I rushed here to catch up:

We shall see what we shall see... Rolling eyes

• PS - Thank you for lovely coverage this morning and all day, you all know who you are :-*

;)
  • No, not our Monty. Hurry home boy
  • Thanks to all for pics and updates.
  • Snippets starting on the evening of the 4th !!!

Two versions of Telyn ready for bed on the high perch:

A hard-earned clump was gone with the wind, down over the side:

When she eventually deigned to land on the nest, well after first light, a Raven fled ahead of her and you can see why ;)  See MARY's close-up snap on Page14!

First thing she did was bring an implement with which to cane the corvids!  It's a new cane, she got something similar yesterday.  See MIKE's snap on Page14 of the fantastic stick she brought, too !!!

After relaxing in the sun someone/thing caught her eye:

She spent time between nestorising and the high perch.

The Red Kite was back, flying around her for a while, she wasn't unduly bothered but may have chased it:

She had been preening, she hadn't fled up there :)

While she was gone, Camperson found a pretty scene for us:

I'm posting this now, just in case the system still thinks it's got moderators on duty when it never has had !!!