Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 16 February 2020

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope you all have a wonderful week! I'm thinking of all of you in the monster Storm Dennis. I hope you all stay safe and secure! Take care, everyone.

• Hello to anybody out there.

Very sorry about your brother in law Lynette. It seemed to be rather unexpected, so difficult to cope with.

I hope you are feeling better OG.

There has not been any rain here all day! (but no sun either).

Lindy, I love your reports of all your "sorting out" and bags for the charity shop. You seem to be a bigger hoarder of "stuff" than me. I am improving. It helps not to have a garage or loft space.
    There must be a poem in there somewhere.
  • Rosy - We have very little loft space, as we sleep in the converted loft! But they left us some small doors and we have boarded over a few metres of loft to keep the suitcases etc in.

Our garage is full of DIY stuff, gardening stuff because my OH refuses to have a shed, folding garden furniture, the gas boiler, and two deep freezers and the washing machine. Oh, and lots of wellies and dogfood!

As we came from a far larger house and the house we are now in was already still a third full of my mother's furniture & effects, it's been a squeeze.....
  • Hi all:  Will be out and zooming about on behalf of friend tomorrow - was busy today with co-helpers (like herding cats at one point!) but all will be fine - except I'm looking forward to a very lazy Sunday!

Harelady: Congraats on new family member!  :-)  Got a name yet?

Take care all.....

• Good Morning, All. Dry here, but told it's not going to last :-(

My OH has just gone out with the dog - he was being glum as he is coming down with another cold, so I expect I'll catch it from him!
  • Lindy - That's married life for you … share everything! Seriously, I hope the cold comes to nothing. Hopefully some fresh air will take away the symptoms.

Very windy and damp here this morning. It's just started raining as well - but we had a whole day yesterday without any rain. I think we are going to pay for it over the next couple of days, though. Walking across the grass yesterday was a bit like walking on a wet sponge.
  • Well, I said I would try harder today, so now I must act upon my good intentions while OH is printing down at the church.

First, my condolences to LYNETTE AND HER OH on the loss of his Brother. Quite a shock to have someone normally so well suddenly become so sick to the point of death.

HARELADY – I hope you did not have to pay for the second visit to your Olive Tree – it sounds as if he has now done what he should have done in the first place – made a proper job of it. Congratulations on the birth of your fourth grandchild – so pleased the event went so well for the mother.

AQ – I hope the weekend comparing photos will re-ignite your OH’s will to look for things continuing to lurk in the garage! It was good that you and your camera enjoyed an outing this week; it is hard to imagine that there can be any building left in town that you have not yet photographed!

LINDA – good that you could start rotating favourite photos for viewing – I theoretically do that with ornaments on the bedroom windowsill, except that OH keeps forgetting to bring the next few down from the loft. Thanks for the poem reminding us that Spring is on its way. We have a cheery clump of daffodils in the front garden for passers-by to enjoy – one lady remarks on them every year. We all three have colds again – don’t know anyone we have all been together with – reckon they came from the Doctors’ waiting room where J and I have been for other things and OH to take us!

PAT – good to read that you were catching up on your busy week and I hope the drive this Sunday will be uneventful.

ANNETTE – sounds as if your friend was relying on you to hold things together for the memorial events – hope Sunday will remain free for you to relax.

HEATHER - Hope you are okay - unusual for you to miss a day or two. Take care!

ROSY – although I am a “flinger”, OH and J are both hoarders. Thankfully, we have a large garage and a huge loft, mostly boarded. But I do have to remind him that the years are passing, and there may come a time when he can’t get into the loft!

Thursday afternoon was bright, sunny and reasonable temperature. Podiatrist came and she had been walking dogs at lunchtime. Back to our normal Louise next time after her maternity leave. Friday was completely different – a whole months-worth of rain, and then an evening and night with scary noisy wind. This morning, sunshine and breezy! Forecast doesn’t look very promising, but there could be a dry gap to get to church tomorrow.

Youngest Grandchild’s twentieth birthday today – so no longer a teenager in the family!
  • Oh dear, I've lost the plot here but will do my best!
    LYNETTE - I was saddened to read your news. Thinking about you and the family.
    HARELADY - a new grandchild! Congratulations :-)

LINDY /OG - it doesn't seem long since you both had colds - I hope they clear up quickly.
    ANNETTE - a busy and emotional day, I suspect. As OG says, you will need a rest tomorrow!

I've spent a lot of the time on family phone calls and feel pretty tired. A good night's sleep would help but they are few and far between!

Regards to everyone -
  • Heather - Sorry you're not sleeping well recently, that's so draining. I hope the family will pull together, but not meaning that you need to spend so much time on the phone!

OG - Sorry, too, to read that you've a got colds: I expect the waiting room is to blame, I've caught them there too, in the past. Hope it's short lived and you can all keep on with your busy lives. My OH is complaining quite a lot, and he only began to feel as if he even had a cold last night, so I guess it's a bad one as he's not usually one to moan about it.

Annette - Hope things go well for your friend. And that as OG says, you can relax again on Sunday.

Been food shopping and had a huge bill as I've stocked up in case I don't feel much like shopping in the week. Still need a couple of things, though, and may pop out to The Farm Shop tomorrow as we're low on bird seed.