Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 2 February 2020

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MONTH!

I hope everyone has a wonderful week.

Almost spring...sort of. Today is Imbolc, the ancient traditional holiday marking the halfway point between the Winter Solstice and the Spring Equinox. I'm ready for a little sunshine. This has been the most dark, dreich winter ever. 

Yellow French Marigold
Labeled Public Domain (Copyright Free)

• HEATHER - sorry to read about your Stepdaughter - I hope she will be stabilised soon.

ANNETTE - hadn't realised the family were not travelling together - long way for a weekend trip!

Newer Doc was okay - a middle-aged lady. Yet another infection, so anti-bios again and stop my injection but only for the one week. Also had trees trimmed and shaped this afternoon - good thing to have done before the expected storm.
  • OG  It was a special occasion (my b'day!) and Ms. D had to be back for school and granddaughter for work on Monday..  I got the Cornell Ornithology book of North American Birds (complete with bird songs) from granddaughter, two pretty garden-themed clay plaques to hang outside from daughter and Ms. D,,  garden chimes and a very silly garden gnome (which makes me smile) from grandson.  And of course the rose and irrigation experts to come do work from OH.  OH and I are going out to dinner next Tuesday as an combo late birthday-Valentine celebration.   Good timing for your tree work!  

• Anyone would think that ANNETTE was keen on gardening!!! Happy Birthday

• ANNETTE - silly me! Of course it was your birthday - and I never thought of it. For some reason I had 14th Feb in my head - think that must be someone else on here! It was most definitely a garden-themed present list. Glad you enjoyed seeing all the family - and still have a special meal to look forward to!

I woke up early this morning with my right leg screaming at me - didn't dare lie down again, but it's not happy standing, walking or sitting either! Will try some exercises after breakfast and scream along with it!

No sign of storm here yet, but J says he's not going out - train service takes any excuse to be disrupted.
  • Good Morning. Dry here, and I suppose a lull before the storm, literally.....

Annette, glad you enjoyed your Birthday, and had some cheerful presents!

OG - Hope the ABs work quickly. Sorry you've now got your leg to worry about, and hope it stops paining you soon.

The weekend again, already: I'm continuing to sort stuff out, and my OH will soon be off to the Tip with another small piece of furniture which is now redundant. Looking forward to everywhere looking more tidy once we've found a home for everything. A lesson for me to not hoard so much out of date paperwork in future!

Have a good weekend everybody.

• ANNETTE - Belated Happy Birthday wishes and what a lovely set of presents.

Not much on today, other than shopping and housework but tomorrow I am going to tea with one of my favourite writers. Her books are set around the Salt Marshes in Norfolk and she is a lecturer in Forensic Archaeology and gets called in to help by the police. She has just had her 12th book of the series released and her name is Elly Griffiths if anyone wants to look it up.

We had had a yellow warning for wind and rain for tomorrow but further south have had an amber.

All those suffering with ailments - get better soon and all stay safe and enjoy the weekend.

• LINDA - the leg is always like this - just particularly bad this morning. Pain does get less during the day as I use it - so long as I don't use it too much!

HARELADY - have a wonderful afternoon tea tomorrow!

OH is trimming a few stray wispy bits off the Birch tree, will then plant first of the summer bulbs - small jobs which can be abandoned when weather arrives!
  • Happy birthday ANNETTE - lovely gifts, shows where your heart is :-)
    OG - sorry that you have another infection - am I correct in remembering that you are a bit immuno suppressed due to your other medication?
    PAT - I loved reading about your day with your great nephew - thank you !
    HARELADY - Quiet day for me, also! Enjoy your tea with the author. I'm going to look her up.
    LINDY - Well done on continuing to de-clutter! I have a small pile of papers on my desk which need to be filed or thrown. I pay to have paper telephone bills and will change that.
    My stepdaughter has has a stent inserted and feels better ready. Heart disease seems to run in the family - her father had a fatal cardiac arrest when he was 62 and several of his maternal uncles suffered a similar fate.
  • Hi everyone
    Lurker alert - Just to say to Harelady that I love the Elly Griffiths books and read all the first eleven when I discovered them last year.
    Hi to everyone else and happy birthday to Annette.
    Jenny

Kind regards

Jenny

• Good to "see " you, JENNY. I really will have to explore that author - I've read so many autobiographies lately that I am not sure who did what!

HEATHER - yes, you are right about the suppressed immunity - that's why Doc wants me to miss my next injection. Pleased you have good news about your stepdaughter.