'FORUM FRIENDS, WILDLIFE-FROM-WHEREVER' (Off-season, all cams off at Loch Garten)

OK I'll start this off. Czech Republic jays and a red squirrel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOsXWkp1_BM

• Hello Everyone 

I hope you are all keeping safe and well.   It won't be long now until Osprey Season starts. 

I thought I better get some video practice in so have done a video of the Pretoria Webcam that I have been following over the winter, which has many different birds and also Genet's (Beautiful Cat's). 

LINK TO WEBCAM HERE

Only 23 days until first Osprey is due. 

COUNDOWN CLOCKS HERE

• Nice morning at Makov-Krmitko, with tame boar (?)

(c) Makov-Krmitko

• Hello Mary! Nice to 'see' you. Great video and music. Not long to go now!
  • MaryGK said:
    video of the Pretoria Webcam

Super video, MARY   I did cover that cam for a short while last year, got the genet and bat but not the possum-y critter you captured.  The last thing I remember was trying to get a perfect view of a big hornbill, then got sidetracked and never went back.  It's an absolutely wonderful cam, thank you so much.

KORKY - a tame boar? Open mouth    Smiley   I shall start downloading again straight away Relaxed

• Life is good in South Florida, despite a lot of attention from the Great Horned Owl. The pantry is stocked and the chicks are growing apace.

(c) SWFEC/Pritchett

• Thanks for the wonderful Pretoria video, Mary! Nice to see a cam from the land of my birth! Thanks also for the countdown link.
  • Yesterday, while searching for the Makov Rescue Station pond (where we used to see swans, ducks, storks, deer, etc etc) I could only find a stark, frozen, "concrete" (the word that sprang to mind at the time) pond... quite desolate-looking... but I ventured into rollback and to my astonishement found an OTTER frolicking on it.  The following is the result of several hours' work because of the constraints recording from rollback on "this", my working, laptop.

BTW, I checked the donation info and it's the same as for the previous pond and bird feeder.

Didn't have to wait long for the Wild Boar, KORKY, it looks a sweetie but we wouldn't like to get on the wrong side of it and the deer certainly kept their distance Heart eyes 

Here was a good example of a deer's prehensile tongue, I was reading that (in relation to the Starr Ranch Mule Deer) that's how they can access difficult vegetation:

Break time!

• A different find indeed, it seemed quite tame around the man who was feeding it?
  • scylla said:
    Didn't have to wait long for the Wild Boar, KORKY, it looks a sweetie but we wouldn't like to get on the wrong side of it and the deer certainly kept their distance  

Thank god I got the ID right. I'd hate to incur the wrath of scylla.Sweat smile

The deer and boar are amazingly tame around the lovely people who provide all the food, if not happy meeting each other.

• Unknown said:
    Thank god I got the ID right. I'd hate to incur the wrath of scylla.

Oh dear!  I just copied you, Korky - maybe it's a special domestic breed for all I know Grin