'FORUM FRIENDS, WILDLIFE-FROM-WHEREVER' (Off-season, all cams off at Loch Garten)

OK I'll start this off. Czech Republic jays and a red squirrel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOsXWkp1_BM

• Mike B said:

Dyfi Wildlife Centre Video. 38 minutes. A 'must see'.

Thank you, MIKE!  (Lovely to see you... at last!... and I trust you are extremely well :-* )

I've had a skip thru, as rather busy managing too many downloads.  Delighted to see the Swift boxes :)

• Fabulous video. Very well made and the humorous touches were great! Thanks for sharing the link Mike
  • Sydney WB Sea Eagle nest

"Bad" (but welcome, I'll bet) weather for days on end, and the cams are being affected by it.

• A ground heat pump ... that's what I've wanted for years Mike. Thanks for the link
  • Can we really cope with another cam?  Yesss!  Peter (Carnex) has a new barn owl cam, here

Quote:

2020 Season. Now online.
    The Project
    2020 Season is the forth year that South Downs National Park Authority have live coverage from one of the 250 Barn Owl boxes in the South Downs National Park area. This box site has hosted a very successful breeding pair for the last 12 years, although probably not the same pair as they only live up to about 5 years in the wild.

In 2018 5 eggs were laid as follows: 1st on 23rd April, 2nd on 26th April, 3rd on 28th April, 4th on 1st May, 5th on 3rd May. Hatching started 25th May.
    Barn Owl
    Barn Owls are very distinctive birds. Conveniently, they feed at dawn and dusk, as well as at night, providing great opportunities for some magic bird watching moments as they quarter fields and rough grass in search of rodents. Although the classic description would be ‘ochre brown above and white below’, there is quite a bit of variation in plumage, with some birds being almost white. Barn Owls are a Schedule 1 species and it is illegal to look in nest boxes without a special licence.
  • scylla said:

Sydney WB Sea Eagle nest

"Bad" (but welcome, I'll bet) weather for days on end, and the cams are being affected by it.

BBC News item on the flooding, here
  • Sheila, I'm not quite sure why the South Downs Barn Owl camera is new. It has been on the go since at least 2017 when I first noticed it (the Carnyx blurb itself says 2020 is the fourth year) with its own RSPB forum thread for each year (see 2020 thread in the link below). The camera was down for a few days, your post reminded me to check it & it seems to be back up again. Ian

community.rspb.org.uk/.../1277300

• I've been offline quite a bit because of having to rescue this laptop from a self-made catastrophe :o  So I've skipped past most of the Alabama bird feeders that have built up.

Ground Cam - Loadsa Spadgers but most of them extremely well camouflaged - not least by the "nature" of the cam - but this was early morning light:

A shortie - Deer in daylight- very early again:

Then, I think, an injured Stag - with 2 young bucks sparring behind:

And then - would you believe it?!  That cat has followed me from Ohio to Alabama *eek* - I've tried improving the picture but can't, it's grainy in spades!