Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 17 November 2019

HAPPY NEW WEEK! 

I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

• Thanks for all the advice about probs getting on here: just had dinner, and now watching latest "car crash debate" of 4 politicians telling us how wonderful life will be once they are in power.

Will try to get myself back on here, on my tablet in a minute.
  • Lindy - Everyone seems to be promising us a wonderful new world. But nobody seems to be able to tell us how everything is going to be financed. I'm sorry, but more borrowing to finance our lives doesn't seem a help ... or am I missing something?
  • Here I am!! - the first time I put in Dianes link I got the message "page not found" but I persisted and now it's worked. Many thanks Diane!!!

Pat -- all of them promise us the moon and even the stars are thrown in, too, but no proper description of how it's going to be paid for.
  • Evening everyone, hope you are all well or, at the very least, improving! Not sure if all of you on this LG chat thread see the whole of this RSPB Online Community Forum, but if you don't, please have a look at this, something to think about, Martin Harper's blog from yesterday and with links to other posts, too: community.rspb.org.uk/.../our-challenge-for-the-next-decade .

Kind regards, Ann

• Thanks, Gardenbirder. I do try to look around the,Site to see what is being discussed. This certainly needs to be addressed as a way forwards.
  • Good Morning. Dry here.

Saturday already!! Where does it go.......

Have a good weekend, everyone.
  • Hello, all -
    Dull and damp here today. I'm going nowhere, just feeding the washing machine, general chores and starting a shopping list for the Festive Season. That involves chatting on the phone to various offspring so it isn't quite as boring as it sounds!
    PAT- I completely agree about the wild political promises. It saddens me that as a vote catching exercise it will probably work, for some voters.

Thinking about OG, I hope that she has improved and has had plenty of rest.

• Quite a few blackbirds munching away on the windfall apples that I have been too lazy to sweep up. Lovely to see.
  • I like Blackbirds. They look very organised, somehow. We have a couple of pairs, and I notice that they (the pairs) don't stray far from each other. Busy, busy, turning over the leaves which have fallen, looking for hidden goodies.

We went shopping together but I find I put different things in the basket from when I'm pottering around the supermarket alone. He hates shopping, so I think it transfers to me that I need to run around quickly, and not linger over looking at things not on the list!! Also been to the jewellers, where he cut my wedding ring off for me. It feels very strange now - I've not been able to remove it for over 30 years. Underneath, the skin is sore and red, so I'll rub in some more of the antibiotic cream I got from the doc. It's also a strange shape!  Was told to leave it for at least a month before going back to be remeasured for the ring to be resized.

• LINDY - I had similar problems with my (first!) wedding ring. It was a wide flat ring, fashionable in the sixties and seventies. I found that soap bars were causing the problem, bits of soap getting trapped under the ring.