Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 13 October 2019

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY FULL MOON!

Sunday the 13th is the full Hunter's Moon. It occurs just a few days after reaching apogee, the farthest point in the moon's orbit from earth. So, this will be "smallest" full moon of the year 2019. However, because of the point and direction that it will rise, some sources said that it will appear large and orange!

Everyone have a wonderful week. My area had its first frost of the season last night!

• It is dull and damp here.
    You had a busy day, LINDY! I know what you mean about things that family will never want but I would have no china, glassware or pictures if I had a big clear out. My OHs family have much more interest in accumulating things than my children have. Therefore, quite a lot of stuff belonging to my OH and his late first wife have gone to them. You mention a wedding ring. My eldest daughter asked if she could have my Mum's wedding ring. They had it melted and the gold was incorporated into my daughter's wedding ring - sentiment and practicality combined :-)
  • Am I losing my marbles? I read ANNETTE's remark about getting rid of the mole - and then the comment about things the kid's won't want - and I was imagining leaving one's moles and lumps and bumps to the kids!

Well, oven has gone to be bench tested as there is a short circuit somewhere but the man couldn't isolate it here - apparently the actual element is okay. So at least a few more days without it. OH had suggested mincemeat tart at breakfast, but we actually had brioche rolls which we had allowed to thaw - very good.

It was good that the repair man came early, as we are getting our time out with lunch at Loch Arthur - I think we deserve it!
  • Enjoy your day, OG - you do deserve it!
  • LINDY Hope all goes well.

OG Bit of a nightmare for you. Hope everything is fixed soon.
  • Been busy again! Went to nearby town, where I took two bags of stuff to the charity shop, then helped my OH to choose some trousers in the sports shop, for golfing in & etc. He insisted on buying the cheapest ones there, so I don't expect them to last long. Then we went to Sainsburys for bits of food, then to B&Q for gloss paint, so that he can freshen up some of our interior in the winter.

This afternoon sorted out a boxful of photo frames which seem to have got jumbled: handy to have some if I have more photos to add to the hundreds of my family, dotted around the house. The sun came out this afternoon after a grey damp morning, so got my laundry dry and pulled some weeds (where DO they all come from?).
  • We went out in the bigger car, by the way, as "Ruby" the little Fiesta is off the roads at present. I had marked on our calendar for October, "Both cars MOT" and he duly got the Volvo done at the beginning of the month. However, I had not checked with him that he had done any checking of the date needed for the other one, and by the time he got around to it, I had been driving around in her for a week without a valid certificate..... bah.

Now booked in for it on Friday.
  • LINDA - good luck with Ruby's MoT! I think you are allowed a couple of week's grace if you are late.

Had good lunches - all finished with lovely light and fluffy waffles with maple syrup and whipped cream cheese!
  • Evening all:  Sort of busy day with time out for a nap.   We're looking at several days of hot windy weather next week so will try to do some garden work over the next few days.   Otherwise, all well here.

OG: Your waffles with syrup and whipped cream (not cheese here) sounds like a U.S. breakfast.  Yum.

Lindybird:  I had the diamonds from my Mom's engagement ring, which had become very thin, mounted on her wedding ring which I then gave to my daughter.

Take care all; have a good Thursday.

• Annette and anyone interested: Popular Science magazine has an interesting article about the Southern California mountain lion population. HERE

Hi to everyone.

• Thanks for the link, DIANE.
    Cold here this morning, 3° and so foggy that I can't see the houses across the road. I expect that it will disappear at some point - I am going to Elgin this morning, it would be nice if the train driver could see where he was going.
    OG - my late stepdaughter used a combi oven for everything, she never had a conventional oven. My last microwave was a combi but I never used it as such. (Probably because I couldn't decipher the instructions....)

Regards to all