Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 18 August 2019

HAPPY NEW WEEK! 

I hope everyone has a wonderful week. 

OG: I'm thinking of you every day and sending you strength. I'm sorry that you must endure so much uncertainty right now. 

All: I'll come back and make replies soon. I've been really busy today, and I'm running out of steam. LOL

• Yes Wendy, They all do along the border, some surgeries have a welsh. one as well
  • Tried early this morning to get on here and post, but the Site was having none of it....  I tried again about 18 times so maybe at some point 18 posts will pop up - don't count on it, though.

Been to get my hair cut, and various errands. Now packing for Wales.

• LINDA - we had kitchen door and drawer front replacements some years ago - and new worktops at the same time, so really the whole thing needs a rethink! It needs to better fit us and our lifestyle - for example, we need to retain a low breakfast bar for me to sit at to join in food prep, but steamer above oven needs to go; do we have "normal" appliances such as standard oven and hob, or do we have more worktop appliances, what sink design do we need, double, one and a half, waste disposal etc. - all difficult choices. I think it will maybe happen in the next five years - not an immediate plan.

WENDY - have a wonderful weekend - I am sure Duke will surprise you again, he is so resilient.
  • OG we will have a nice break I feel sure as weather is looking good ...
    Car not overloaded as can have a Tesco delivery once we get to our destination..
    I will have you and J in my thoughts as it’s a worrying long wait you have had.
  • Enjoy yourselves, Wendy.

OG - Will be thinking of you all tomorrow.
  • Lindybird - if I have been off for a day or two I find I have to sign in again, its frustrating but it works every time.

Hi all, Just been reading all your news. Too much to reply to but thinking about you all and what you are getting up to.

Hospital appointment went well yesterday, arrived around 2pm for 2.15pm appt. and was out just after 3pm. Not bad at all. Apparently I have a cataract on both eyes but the right one is the worst so was asked if I wanted the surgery, of course I said yes. Don't want it to get any worse. A 3 month wait but we will see, might be a bit longer, just have to be patient.

Cloudy but dry the last couple of days with promises of a hot weekend all round.

OG - sounds like you have a dilemma on your hands trying to decide what would suit your needs best. Good luck. Hope J continues to feel well and that the news from the hospital is favourable.

In case I don't appear before the weekend, Happy Bank Holiday to all. Stay cool.
  • OG: It might be worth a) checking the internet for "accessible" kitchens but also b) get input from a kitchen design person in that neck of the woods who might have some experience. Maybe there's an organization that focuses on accessibility?

Spoke to my nephew's daughter in the UK today - it's her birthday and also the day she got the results from her GSEC (?) exams. She apparently did very well (I read that girls did better than boys this year). Anyway, she's doing a lot of celebrating this weekend. Then she has two more years before going to University...

Our local schools started up again today; was out walking and saw a proud Mom taking photos of her two kiddies off for their first day. The University doesn't start classes until September 26...

Busy day here, but good. Have just discovered an entire album that escaped scanning so am busy with that....

• Sunny here. We are simultaneously getting ready to go to the funeral (my OHs cousin) and packing for Wales again.
  • Sunny here. We are simultaneously getting ready to go to the funeral (my OHs cousin) and packing for Wales again.