WEEKLY CHAT (non-osprey) Sunday July 21

Welcome all to the new week.   :-)

• We were late to bed last night, so quickly asleep despite the heat, until the thunder came about 2am, rain very heavy about 3pm then more thunder about 4pm - don't know about lightning - didn't look!
  • Sounds like our night, OG. Thunderstorms came & went, but I did see some of the lightning through my closed eyelids!! I overslept this morning - very grateful that I no longer have to go to work!

Very hot here just now. We've been to visit sis in law and admire what she's done to her tiny garden. She had her son's dog with her, and he had just been clipped to help him keep cool.

Going to have a short snooze now, then attack my To Do list!
  • Well, I got too taken up with things to have a snooze. Now I'm tired and hot, and working on autopilot. Meatballs from the freezer for tea, with pasta in a bought sauce. M y OH is busy in the kitchen shelling peas as he has just picked two bucketfuls from the allotment. I shelled enough for adding to our meal, plus a bagful for the freezer.

Must go outside when its cooler and feed all the plants in pots, including my sweetpeas.

Hope everyone in UK is managing in this heat, especially those in the South, where its hottest.
  • Morning all: I've been up early watching Robt Mueller (former special prosecutor) testify before two committees here and have been struck by the number of white, brash, angry men on the Republican side. One after another. Where are the women and the minority representatives in that party? Their absence speaks volumes.

Hope it cools down for the UK folks.

• We just aren't used to it, ANNETTE, as you know :-(
    Youngest family were here today and Isla had great fun using my new weed puller.
    Mia found something on TV that was more interesting than gardening!

PAT - Know what you mean about politicians. Charisma is all very well but when egos are competing.....

LINDY- fresh peas. Please stop making my mouth water. That was my job, as a child, shucking peas. I hope that the caravan won't be overly hot inside but think that the weather will be cooler by the weekend?

AQ - you have done more than most of us could manage, not surprised that you are now counting Nanny duty days!
  • Yes, Heather: we wouldn't be going if I hadn't seen the forecast! We had a couple of hot days there last year, and it was just too much. Unless there is some breeze to relieve it, it just becomes a "hot box". But apparently tomorrow will be the last really hot day, and we won't be getting there until evening.
  • Too hot and humid for anything to do with the brain - will try again tomorrow!
  • Good Morning -- sunny and bright here!

Hottest UK day ever, predicted!!

• Good afternoon - grey and overcast here, no wind. Temp today has been min 9 to max 16.

We were working at a double sink with MissJ helping, ie she slops clean dishes rhrough rinse water and stacks them not-too-haphazardly on drainer.
    Out of the blue, words of wisdom from MissJ to me: “I have to rinse them AND stack them. You just have to clean them.”
    Yeah, right. And I wipe and put away when stacking gets too much.