Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 2 June 2019

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MONTH!

I hope everyone has a nice week. 

Thinking of you, dibnlib. Several people left messages to you on the end of last week's thread HERE

• Good Morning. Bright and sunny here.
  • ps: Scary pictures on the News of a huge cruise ship crashing into a dock in Venice: we saw protesters there, and it made us realise what a disaster it was, so many huge ships calling there every week. Pics from me, later.
  • Good morning!
    We arrived home at half past midnight after leaving Worfield at 2pm. We stopped at Tebay Services for a meal - stayed about 45 minutes and then on the road again. There was very heavy rain north of Perth but the A9 was very quiet.
    The weekend was enjoyable, the christening had it's moments! The lady vicar is a happy soul who frequently interrupted things to interact in a jolly way with some vocal kiddies. That put the parents at ease. The vicar's order of service ended up in the font. Bella may have been involved....  Sam said 'I hope that book is waterproof' - the vicar smiled at him and fished the book out and eventually Emilia and her cousin Charlotte were baptised. Both hated the water being poured on their head and howled. Just a normal christening? 

• The sunshine has stayed, today, and it's much nicer than yesterday. I went to the surgery to have an ECG, the idea of the pharmacist who thought that someone my age, and overweight, shouldn't get out of puff climbing a hill......

When I got home I did more gardening. It doesn't seem to matter how many weeds I pull, there are more the next day! Still have some annuals in pots which I must get planted as we are off to Wales again soon, and don't want to leave them in tiny pots rather than somewhere they can spread out.

I see that Trump has upset some people here before he even landed.. ...
  • Sounds like a normal Christening to me, Heather!! The vicar sounds nice, much better than someone pompous. We stop at Tebay Services when we can, as it's much nicer than the others. Glad your journey was better than the one down.
  • Yes LINDY , I read about the Tweets before he landed!
    I don't know what my ECG would show, I couldn't even carry my small suitcase, my travelling bag and a bag with food and drinks up the stairs when we got to the hotel on Friday night! I had to say ' sorry, guys, I'm struggling' !!
    Regarding weeds I agree. There are some on the driveway here that I didn't spray with weed killer last week, the weather wasn't dry enough. When I looked this morning they were so much bigger....
  • Heather: Sounds like a fun christening - and I'm not being snide. :-)

Wish we could organize a ban on troublesome individuals from entering the U.S. then maybe Mr. T could go live with MBS in Saudia Arabia or any other place where despots hide out. Sorry you're all having to put up with him. I don't understand WHY he's getting a state visit. Surely the UK isn't that desperate for allies?
  • ANNETTE - there was a lovely atmosphere in the church - laughter, warmth and a sense of belonging, which is probably what it is all about....
  • Hello, ALL. Was able to manage the Monday outing to M&S Food today - quite a lot of sunshine, no rain, but rather breezy.

HEATHER - pleased all went well at the christening - and I am sure the wet words were not the first time! Pleased to see you asked for help carrying your luggage!

I have been in touch with GEORGE who has had a bad time with the death's of two people close to him - including one whom he found and had to deal with emergency services. He thanks people for thinking of him and sends best wishes to all..
  • Sorry to hear George's news, OG. Thank you for enquiring on our behalf, and please tell George that we are all thinking of him, and sending our hugs.