We carry on in the absence of dearest EJ (RIP):

Courtesy of MIKE but he may not remember this particular wet morning ;-*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No-one seen overnight.

DAYCAM 03:55

We had a Stonechat !!!

It came back again and again to the same perch, this is one example:

And another:

Then it chose a different perch !!!  Sensational ;)

One outage:

That's up to 14:25.

• The more I look at that wee visitor the more I think it is the return of Scylla's stonestart.
  • You don't miss much, CRINGER ;)

The shadow looks different this evening, as if the usual one has company.  I know, I know, you're going to tell me it's been like that for days 'n weeks ;)

NIGHTCAM 22:56

It's really fuzzy tonight:

Just refreshed and there's a great improvement :)

• Hiya BIRDIE - I'd had the RF open soooo long that I didn't see you, CRinger was the last post.

I'm really looking foward to your next appearance with all your news and pictures.

I hope you've made a mental note that all the little birdies are now Stonestarts ;)

• Blue Carnyx screen, wouldn't refresh to nest, went to "permanent" link:

Aha!

• Great to meet up with you again, Birdie, and I look forward to seeing your pics and report. I may have some additional photos to post when I get home, but I can confirm that the last sighting of an osprey was 26 May. I expect Birdie took a photo of the two white update boards which gave notes of other brief sightings.
    A big hug and thanks to Scylla for continuing to scrutinise the cam/vid in the hope of seeing some action other than growing grass and maturing dandelion

Edit:  Very many thanks for such a wonderful on-the-spot report of our visit to LG.  Thank you so much.  

• As the page refreshed I got a glimpse of red squirrel and thought that someone had found the feeder cam online again :)  But it was from your added photos, BIRDIE - thank you for them, all lovely (and most will be saved here, thank you in advance!), and for the report.  Nimrod *sigh* ;)  Not that I ever met him of course ;)

The cam has had long periods of awfulness but is pretty good lately.

Our shadow:

• I would like to hear Tiger’s views why the lack of Osprey’s trying to take over the nest in 2019, which is why I’m very worried about the future of the Osprey’s at this nest at Loch Garten in future years.
  • I think that is very simple. Ospreys are not interested in a bare nest. They are far more interested in an occupied nest. If they manage to oust one of the pair they not only gain a nest but a partner too.

That is how the game works mostly.

In 2003 EJ got ousted from her nest with Orange VS and so she came to Loch Garten to find poor old Henry with a nest but no female.
  • I think that is very simple. Ospreys are not interested in a bare nest. They are far more interested in an occupied nest. If they manage to oust one of the pair they not only gain a nest but a partner too.

That is how the game works mostly.

In 2003 EJ got ousted from her nest with Orange VS and so she came to Loch Garten to find poor old Henry with a nest but no female.
  • Thanks very much for that. I feared to myself that might be the case, but i wasn't 100% certain. Sadly that’s what i thought to myself. But as i am a novice at birdwatching, although I've been a member of the RSPB since the early 1970’s, i didn't want to mention publicly what i privately thought.