Update - Loch Garten Nest from Sunday 21 April 2019

After Friday's excitement seeing Mrs BTO (thanks Karen), not one osprey landed on the nest, although we think we heard one nearby. Super-sleuth-scylla managed to record what we heard. But maybe we were all haliaetus-hallucinating, as Fergus from LG HQ posted to say they'd not seen anything all day, except one osprey flying overhead (although some of us were watching the webcam before the centre opened).  Anyhow, there's always another day........

EDIT; title changed to 'update' as there's not a lot of nest activity at present. We can revert back to daily updates once we have 2 or 3 days of solid action if you get my drift

• AlisonMac - no need to apologise for there is no hurry. They'll be busy at Aviemore and I'm sure we'll hear from you if and whenever they get back to you :-)

• Karen
    Aviemore ospreys reply

she never came near enough, and to be honest i was busy watching the Males displaying and then following her around, such is the way with young Male Ospreys. Grinning
  • Hello sorry if this doesnt make sense to anybodybut i'vebeen away for a for a good few hours.  

The link to YouTube with live Chat is still

and currently (4:53)somone with a different  (human!) ID has asked a couple of questions re whether the nest is occupied and stated that it is it is still green.....  I haven't replied as i do not have a YT channel  

AS i type buffering, and Live chat turned off for this channel... Have I missed something?....!

EDIT 

Picture for Carnyx arrived after a reload 

EDIT 18:27 

Live Chat repaly is on again........

• FYI; Current YT link
    www.youtube.com/watch with blank YT live chat

19: 59  Live chat very lively!! :)

• So I see Starling, Slight smile But i'm not ready for a YT chanel so I'll stay on here for now!!
    I don't recognise any 'handles' or chat names (Does that date me! HaHa) so folks either have aliases or maybe lurkers on here!!
    Wherever we meet, we're all waiting in anticipation for the opening of the next series of The Throne of Nests.
    Oh! can the nails and blood pressure take the anxiety and the teasings of todays installment of The Unringed Visitor......... You can never write nature!! Books TV and films just don't know a wingbeat of the story!
  • NIGHTCAM 21:07 (had to choose!)

CHAT

I rarey look at Chats but they're very handy for instant reports of events if you can keep an eye on them.  I'm surprised they've taken a risk, tho, with no-one to moderate - or is there?

• Carnyx Wild also have a chat on Bird Feeder Webcam on Youtube. But strangely no one has posted anything at on that Live Webcam.
  • From watching other chat streams on osprey cams around the world, they seem to respond to self moderation and so far seem to be working, Dyfi amd LA being examples some have a 'moderator' but whenever I've drop in they don't seem to be heavy handed.  Dyfi last year, I think had their own site 'chat' page, but have transferred to YT this year... for what it matters.  I'm glad to be among everyone who has amazing knowledge, memories and anecdotes and digital skills used and relied on by many, of the amazing birds from which we can learn.  'Disqus' is an aternative and used on the Explore platform which has a bank of moderators. Personally i like the functions on that and it allows POP  facilities if they're needed or prefered. I do like the fact that rich info is available whilst watching the live video- sorry! I'm rambling- As a well known poster quoted recently, 'Time for bed'.