Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 7 April 2019

HAPPY NEW WEEK! 

Finally getting some warm weather on my patch. The grass turned green in 24 hours! 

I hope everyone has a joyful, peaceful spring week! 

• More pics of the stunning views on this sunny day:

• Wow ! Looks like our resident poet has made a name for herself! Congrats, Linda!
  • Alan, thank you. I don't often go onto the Community Chat page these days, so wouldn't have seen it. I have (I hope) replied to his enquiry.
  • Hope Lindybird remembered which poem the person is talking about...

Was scheduled for Whale Shift today but the afternoon has been canceled due to high winds. :-( First calf of the season was spotted yesterday.
  • No idea which poem was being referred to, Annette!

Good that the first calf of the season has appeared. It seems to get quicker and quicker that you begin your whale watch, every year. How the year goes round. I referred back via Alan's link and could not believe that I was reading poems I had written over 8 years ago!

Thanks for your congrats, OG, but I don't think its "fame at last," LOL!

Will go back on here and look at the links to the Black Hole references earlier today.

My OH and I went to visit sis in law today, and were able to sit in her garden with our cuppas, admiring her gardening work: she only has a small patch but is trying to get ground cover on it so that there will be less weeding, so we took her some big pots of of the hardy geraniums which spread, as there are lots of them in our garden.
  • Evening all:

Lindybird: Those pictures look like the back country behind our hills after a long hot summer.  What a change from home.   Have you had any contact with G's husband?  I assume his family has been staying in close touch.

Diane: Is that late winter storm about to descend on you guys?

Can't believe it's Friday again tomorrow......have a good one all.

• Annette: I really enjoyed that video, thanks. Wonderful! I saved it in my Favorites. It was hot today, way too warm to snow here, but right now I'm having a wicked thunderstorm with wild torrential rain and 50 mph winds. Glad you enjoyed the choir. Sounds like a lovely evening.

Lindy: Congrats on being a famous poet! I enjoyed all of your photos. Lovely yellow flowers.

Speaking of flowers. When I went to the mailbox today, I noticed that I have a lovely big bed of daffodils blooming on the north part of the land. They seem to have bloomed overnight. But here's the weird thing: My daffodils are white this year, not yellow like they were last year. Why would that be? They're healthy, large, and lovely, but white!

• Good Morning. Another bright day, but cold winds forecast so it's below average temps.

Annette, it's a real contrast in scenery when we go to our holiday spot. The bare deserts and hills are very dramatic, but although some people hate the absence of trees, we love the wildness of it. I've not had any contact with Gs family since the funeral except for contacting her daughter on Mothers Day shortly afterwards. I also emailed her some of the photos I had of her mother, which she may not have. I think I'll ring Gs OH today to see how he's doing.

Diane, that's a puzzle, about the daffodils. We have some white ones out now which come out later than the yellow ones, as they're a slightly different species.
  • Speaking of the bareness of the landscape, here are some more pics:  The view from our terrace:

A dirt road in the foreground, to a nearby village.

Here are some random pictures.  A couple of colourful balconies in the neighbourhood.

Why do they insist in being sideways?

Plus a house sparrow, who chirped at me as we walked around the narrow streets of the town, where they nest under the eaves and amongst the wildly draped electrical wires on each home, they seem to prefer it all to be on view outside even though it spoils the looks of the buildings.  Very similar to our house sparrows, I thought.

Fish outside a restaurant, in a chiller surrounded by ice.  Often you can choose a fish from a display of the fresh catch from that day.

A beautiful Madonna, graffiti'd on a ruined bit of wall, I loved her!

Hopefully, this is her the right way round:

• More..... The sun rising at 7.00 am over the mountains, taken from our bedroom.

The main street of Corralejo, which is our nearest large town and port.  There were empty streets that day as they stopped the traffic for a Fun Run prior to a Festival. Note the plastic grass used to make the street look pretty!

A view of the seafront in the same town, taken between buildings.

A beach near us, just as the tide has gone out and left little streams of water making patterns in the sand.