MANTON BAY- MARCH 2019.

• Morning All - thanks for earlier posts and links Sheila/Starling - what memories you have! I had completely forgotten about the bucket.

• Scylla - how are you managing to post such large captures? After uploading, unless I highlight and enlarge them, mine are small and no way could anyone make out any detail. Obviously I am going to find a test thread but just wondering if you have found a quick solution.
  • Good morning all.

Karen, I am just about to give up with this site now, it really is awful (for me I should add). I'm going to go through the Technical posts later today and see if I can get things sorted.
  • Morning Jane - please don't give up! From what I can make out from looking around the forum, lots of people are having problems. At least we seem to be managing to post :-) I too will be at the techie thread. Good luck :-)
  • In reply to Karen:

Karen, when you go to post a picture there is a default setting for the size. Try deleting the two sizes and simply put 500 in the second box. Then post and see how you get on.

Birdies LG DU update.

• In reply to JaneV:

Jane, a lot of the solutions have been worked out by members. If you have a specific issue try asking here.....chances are someone has found the answer!!

Birdies LG DU update.

• Nothing to do with ospreys or MB, but.. Mike is there any where we know that Elliott B is monitoring and where we could yet again raise problems? I've been on my tablet/phone for over a week now and find it so frustrating.
    I was sent an email by the RSPB Shop site asking for my experience and comments. As I can't even log on to the main RSPB site, let alone the Shop, I refrained from commenting! Thank heavens I can log on to the Community!!
    There is so much still that is wrong. At least I can do a little more on my laptop! I shouldn't be wishing my holiday away, but...

ENS by the way and it looks quite bright.

PS  I edited my post and it opened under, and showed only, the opening post on the thread. Is that new?

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018

• In reply to Mike:

Mike B said:
    Karen, when you go to post a picture there is a default setting for the size. Try deleting the two sizes and simply put 500 in the second box. Then post and see how you get on.

Morning Mike - thanks for info and yes I see that.  I usually just highlight the photo and drag it to resize.  I am trying to see if I can change the default to deal with multiple photos.

I will play about on the techie thread as to not bog up this thread later as must walk the pooch.  SYL

• In reply to SheilaFE:

Re your PS. That happened to me earlier but I have no idea why or if it will continue to do so!!
    As I understood Elliott the site was being monitored daily by a member of his staff whose job was to pick up all the issues we raised, wherever they were posted, with a view to collating them and resolving them.

Birdies LG DU update.

• In reply to Karen:

Karen W said:
    how are you managing to post such large captures?

Some of my pics come out huge even when I leave in the 320x240 default, so I really don't know...

If I have time and I don't want pic to come out too big, I resize it in my photo handler (IrfanView) and then set the width the same in the Insert box, I don't bother with the second (depth) box.

If I'm in a hurry I don't necessarily resize the pic locally and I blank out both the 320 and the 240 in the Insert box.

I thought you found the Photo uploading test thread a day or two ago?

Dragging 'n dropping is suitable for single pics especially (as separating a batch can be dodgy, in my case anyway ;) ).

Tiger's Osprey Info & World Bird Cams