BALGAVIES LOCH OSPREYS 2019

Some history of the BALGAVIES LOCH OSPREYS.     

It is a SWT Nature Reserve near Forfar, Angus, Scotland.    There is no webcam on the nest, and there is no Visitor Centre, only a small Hide with limited car parking spaces. 

MALE - GREEN BF - RINGED HADDO 11 JULY 2004 - FIRST SEEN AT BALGAVIES IN 2008

ONE OF DARREN'S LAST PHOTOS OF GREEN BF FROM 2018

FEMALE - WHITE UF - RINGED CLUNIE CASTLE 9 JULY 2009 - RING NUMBER 1428309  (SHE DID NOT RETURN TO THE NEST IN 2017)

Remembering the lovely WHITE UF 

FEMALE - UNRINGED - OCCUPIED THE NEST IN 2017 - and produced a brood of three. 

BLUE YD - RUNG AND SATELLITE TAGGED BY K. BROCKIE AND ROY DENNIS 17 JULY 2012

He has been sighted several times in the Eden Estuary and also Balgavies in the last few years

ALL SUBSEQUENT BROODS HAVE NOT BEEN RINGED.

LINK TO BALGAVIES LOCH OSPREYS 2018

LINK TO BALGAVIES LOCH OSPREYS 2017

LINK TO BALGAVIES LOCH OSPREYS 2016

LINK TO BALGAVIES LOCH OSPREYS 2015

LINK TO BALGAVIES LOCH OSPREYS 2014

LATEST POST FROM BALGAVIES LOCH OSPREYS FACEBOOK PAGE - CHANCE TO GUESS DATES OF ARRIVAL OF GREEN BF AND MRS GREEN BF

ANOTHER SNIPPET OF INFORMATION THAT CAME TO LIGHT LAST YEAR WAS.....

Parents
  • Hi Mike and Sheila

Yes it won't be long now, looking forward to it very much, but always apprehensive about them all making safe migrations.

I can't say I am enjoying using this forum and the way it has been upgraded. I am getting no formatting at all in this reply, and when I press the Use rich formatting button - It says Page Not Found. What kind of help is that. Grrrr...

• Hi Mike and Sheila

Yes it won't be long now, looking forward to it very much, but always apprehensive about them all making safe migrations.

I can't say I am enjoying using this forum and the way it has been upgraded. I am getting no formatting at all in this reply, and when I press the Use rich formatting button - It says Page Not Found. What kind of help is that. Grrrr...

Children
No Data