Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 10 February 2019

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a peaceful, safe week. 

--Diane

• There is always a silver lining, ANNETTE! I have received several cartoons about Rover today!!
    Another good thing, my front garden renovation is almost finished :-) Did I say that I've got the girls from Elgin this weekend? LINDY and I will be enjoying our time with the grandchildren. But, I couldn't cope with AQs commitment. She is a star!
  • Heather - Pleased the front garden is almost fi
    OG
  • Uh? What? Not a post, not no post - something different - half a post!

Pleased front garden is almost finished - hope you are delighted with it! And have a wonderful weekend with the two girls from Elgin!
    OG
  • OG: Well, half a post is better than none.

Heather:  Have fun with the kiddies.  I agree that AQ deserves an award.

There I was, on my soapbox pontificating about carbon footprints and just noticed that the flowers OH bought me were all "Grown in California." :-) (Of course, California is big, but nearly all the flower growers are in the southern part of the state.)

• ANNETTE - Were there any in the galleries that you particularly wanted to know? I can identify some of fauna & birds. Did you notice a black cocky? The Glossy Black Cockatoo, extinct on mainland, last refuge on Kangaroo Island. In 1995 down to 158 birds, numbers have doubled since a recovery program (habitat restoration & nest protection).

We don’t really notice Valentines Day as it is OH’s birthday. And he is not one for buying flowers – claims I get hay fever. Hey, only in spring. The Daus took him out to lunch which, judging by his mood since, he really enjoyed. I only want a snack for lunch and I escaped with my camera. Over past 2 years I have been photo-ing windows and interesting bits of Anglican cathedral. I have taken so long (½ doz visits!) that the organ has been back to Durham for renovation and returned. The casework for the pipes has been completed after so many years. So of course my photo was out-of-date. Now I have before and after. Then I tramped around nearby gardens/parkland capturing various memorials for 1½ hours. By the time I caught bus home I was hobbling. I feel great this morn!

"rich formatting" gives error message. <sigh>

• AQ: Saw the black cockatoo - very dramatic. I Googled it and see that it has some dramatic red/orange stripes on its tail.. Love that the recovery program is working. Re the organ, is that the UK Durham or is there one or more in OZ? I'm only asking because we have multiple versions of UK and European cities and towns here, most bearing no resemblance to the originals.   Yes, Rich Formatting resulted in "Page Not Found," but editing after posting allowed me to use boldface.   Sigh....

More April weather here.

• ANNETTE - Organ was shipped back to Harrison & Harrison of Durham UK. Renovations at great expense, hence call for donations in 2017, provoking anger from some anti-church people. However the cathedral is a big tourist attraction. Every time I have visited there have been at least one busload of overseas tourists. Visits are free.
    Still cool here, warming to 35 C on Sunday.

• AQ - good organ-maker, so good they shipped it back to UK for renovation!

Frosty start, warming up fast with bright sunshine - double figures expected again today. Birds definitely behaving like spring is here! No plans for me today - will probably make a few birthday cards - plenty of dates this month and next! Have opened more windows this morning, and hope to walk around the deck this afternoon for a closer inspection of OH's pruning!

OG
  • Good Morning. Lovely sunshine here, and predicted to be with us for several days. At least we will be able to get out and about with Amber.

AQ - Love the Black Cockatoo, very striking. Glad you enjoyed your day pottering around with your camera.

Heather, enjoy your time with the grandchildren.

I may not appear much for a while: Amber is staying until Thursday night, and I will not be able to post using my tablet, Grr... plus this desktop is in the study where she will be sleeping. I will try to come on if I have a spare moment, but I'm expecting to be busy!

• LINDA - just have a lovely time and enjoy her company!! OG