Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 30 December 2018

Well, we've nearly completed another stable orbit around our sun. Happy New Year! I hope 2019 is a good year for everyone.

Old Faithful Geyser Eruption and the Milky Way, Yellowstone National Park USA. NPS/Neal Herbert, photo labeled "Public Domain" (copyright free).

• Looking at your posts I see that some of you type on Word and then copy and paste. I just type straight into this page where it says reply and it seems to work for me.

Talking of New Years Eve,   we spend it quietly staying up to watch the fireworks from London and then make our way to bed NYD is spent quietly. Dau is doing the meal that day which gives me a rest.

Harelady - pleased to hear you had a nice time with daughter and then friend.

Wildboar - at least things worked out for you and you could go over to your SD for CD.

• Hi all - I am pleased to say I am back in Suffolk after my travels to Daughter in Northamptonshire, friends in Surrey and Son & Family in South East London and all done in a courtesy car as mine broke down again! just before Christmas. Have told them I may want to trade in in even though I only bought it 6 months ago as the repairs this time will be over £500 and I have lost confidence in the car now. I have to make a decision by Thursday as the work is scheduled to be started on 4th.

I did have a lovely time with the family and my 3 beautiful Grandchildren but long gone are the days when children got 1 big present and a few little ones - they all had far too much but I don't want to sound like a grinch. Oh well that's it over for another year. I will be having a quiet New Years Eve and on New Years Day I am off with a group of friends to the local theatre to see a production called The Scarlet Pipistrelle by a very good local amateur company.

Have a good New Years Eve and Day and a healthy and happy 2019.

• Good Morning. Nice to see FB posting and to hear that things are progressing well there. Also to hear from Lynette. I post directly onto the page, with not much confidence as sometimes my posts just disappear.

We're going to be at home for the 1st time in many years, but are looking forward to sitting by our own fireside and then going to bed after seeing the fireworks on TV.  Happy New Year to AQ who beats us all to get to 2019 first!

• This site is mad - why does my post arrive twice - i posted it last night not 2 hours ago?? is it something I am doing?

• Thank you Alan and to you. Look forward to your reports!

• Goodness knows, Harelady --- I read your post last night then thought I was going crazy when I saw it again this morning, stating that it had only just been posted!!

It's really stupid that it's almost impossible to read easily anything that's been posted more than two or three posts before the latest one.

• Harelady:  Re your duplicate posts: Just lucky I guess!  :-) 

Lynette: Good to see you!  We're missing several folks since the alleged upgrade, most notably OG.

My very best to all for 2019!

• Hello, everyone.  I'm very pleased Christmas is over for another year - not my favourite time.  But now we have reached NYE - I am with friends in Hampshire, looking out over the Isle of Wight.  We plan to spend the evening trying to keep our eyes open until midnight!

A very happy 2019 to you all.  And I echo the sentiments that I hope we see some of our online friends back again.  I still battle with this site, which isn't nearly as flexible as the previous one.  And I also agree that trying to read more than the last two or three posts is a complete nightmare.

Can't believe I'm off on Saturday.  Panic is beginning to set in ...