Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 9 December 2018

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a wonderful, peaceful week!

This is not a wildlife video, but I'm posting a LINK because it made me laugh so hard and I thought everyone could use a good laugh. The donkey is in Galway, Ireland. This is how she greets a regular visitor who brings her treats. (The video is from a mainstream news network and is safe. It's less than a minute.)

Have a good week, all!

• Diane:  That's a riot!  I thought it was faked at first.  The girl's got talent.  :-)   And thanks for starting us off.  

• Diane: You probably know that the Vandenberg launch was scrubbed just 3 seconds from lift off after they announced ignition. You could see flames and black smoke, so I wasn't sure what was going on - if it didn't in fact ignite or if the wrong thing ignited.  Anyway, no launch, and there I was with my jacket on, ready to rush out the front door to see it climb up and away.    Maybe third time will be a charm.

• LOL, Diane!  The donkey was in our news a few days ago - singers were even trying to analyse her "song!" Such fun!

Thanks for starting us off.  I've woken early but at least it gives me a good start on the day.

• I guess its time to explain my B12 saga! Around 2½ - 3 months ago I had severe constipation so got a GP appointment. He sorted out a blood test. Two days later I had a letter asking me to urgently book a blood test. As they gave the details in it I knew what he was looking for. After that revealed a dangerously low B12 level. He initiated a course of 5 injections 1 every other day and another in 3 months(December). That took 3 weeks!!!! Then, two days before going to Cornwall and only after just 3 / 4 weeks some of the symptoms started returning. Went to our local pharmacist who is very good ( He participates in training future pharmacists). He said to take the max strength that he cane give and book a GP visit after the holiday. Two days in symptoms had disappeared so carried on with them. A week after that I saw GP which was interesting! He said he can only prescribe the three monthly injections but asked was I happy with them. He said we will leave it at that then and continue as I am going. Now had that blood test, results should be back on Tuesday. Also gave me a diet sheet to maximise folic acid intake – now on those tablets from pharmacist as I already eat some of those items. (NO I am NOT pregnant!!!!). So I have to make another appointment when the results are back…...to be continued!

Linda: My OH has already run into the NHS drugs supply. She has a generic tablet for her nose and now has to buy a commercial one. I have seen the next list awaiting to be approved and three things I use for keeping eczema at bay are on it, all they will provide is a steroid based cream which thins the skin over time. (my eczema was caused by two drugs for different things and both had eczema as a side effect.) The two together caused it to start.

Apologies for the length but now up to date.

• Sorry you're having such probs with your health, ForestBoar:  these things are sent to try us alright!

Very pleased to hear that you're not pregnant......    ;-)  

• FirestBoar, so sorry to hear about your continuing health issues.  I do hope this can be sorted out for you soon.

I wonder if someone can help me, please.  There has been some chat on here about exercises that may help with some kinds of ear problems.  A friend of mine has had increasing deafness and pain from one ear for about three months, and I wonder whether those exercises could help her?  I mentioned it this morning and he asked if I could find out more about them - website?  name?  whatever?  Any advice gratefully received.

The sun's just come out!  Hooray!  After two or three really grey and damp days, it's great to see that light in the sky again.

• Morning all:

PatO. Below is a link to some info from Johns Hopkins Medical Center regarding exercises for crystals in the ear. There are videos online too, (your friend may want to Google them). However, I'm wondering if increasing deafness and pain wouldn't indicated more of an infection or something like that rather than just crystals and an infection could of course result in dizziness too . https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/healthlibrary/test_procedures/other/home_epley_maneuver_135,405Enjoy the sun!

Forestboar:  Wonder what causes such a B-12 deficiency, but nice you pharmacist was on the ball and good luck with the docs!

• Pat, I agree with Annette, that these exercises are really only for those with a specific dizziness problem, and definitely not to help with deafness and/or pain in the ear. It really does sound like an inner ear infection, which I would imagine could be treated with anti biotics.

• Thanks, Annette and Lindy.  She has had the problem since early September, and has had several appointments with the GP, who would surely have picked up an infection?  It seems to be getting worse, sadly.  She has another appointment in about ten days.  She does have dizzy spells, probably because of her uneven  hearing.  We are all trying to find something to help - clutching at straws (or exercises!).  

• Just replied, and got a message that I was offline!  and it would not post,  Bah!