Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 23 September 2018

HAPPY NEW WEEK! Also, HAPPY EQUINOX and HAPPY FULL HARVEST MOON! 

I hope everyone has a wonderful new season. 

Full Moon at Turret Arch, Arches National Park, Utah USA
U.S. National Park Service photo
Credit: NPS/Neal Herbert
Photo labeled Public Domain (copyright-free)

• EQUINOX occurs at: 

2:54 a.m. September 23 (tonight) in the U.K.

11:24 a.m. September 23 in Adelaide, South Australia

9:54 p.m. September 22 (tonight) in the Eastern U.S.

8:54 p.m. September 22 in Iowa, U.S.

6:54 p.m. September 22 in California, U.S.

FULL HARVEST MOON occurs at: 

3:52 a.m. September 25 in the U.K.

12:22 p.m. September 25 in Adelaide, South Australia

10:52 p.m. September 24 in the Eastern U.S.

9:52 p.m. September 24 in Iowa, U.S.

7:52 p.m. September 24 in California, U.S.

Sorry if I forgot anyone else's location! 

• Thank you DIANE.

Just a quick look in as the family will be here before I know it!

I imagine that LINDY will be well on her way to her embarkation point. Despite her doubts about the cruise company, I'm sure that the holiday will be good.

I've also been thinking about PAT and the cruise.

It was quite cold here this morning - about 5 degrees. Heating is on!

Have a good Sunday, ALL.

• DIANE - thanks for the start, picture and timings!

HEATHER - was 3 degrees here - but no sign of ground frost - any remaining runner beans will tell us if they caught any frost as that is what usually finishes them off (haven't looked yet!).  Enjoy your big family gathering today!

OH was pleased to get the mowing finished yesterday afternoon - three separate sessions due to battery recharging as it was really lush and thick.

This morning, we finished transcribing magazine submissions (OH dictating for me to type as my left eye is a bit squiffy after sleeping), but he is now composing a couple of legal notices before I can compile the actual proof copy.  We have two extra pages this month after a dearth of items in the summer!

I see we have some dry days in the forecast again - very sunny today.  Have a good week, everyone.

• Thanks Diane for the info on equinox and moon

• Hi, BJANE!  Linda forecast it would be quiet without her!  Almost finished the newsletter, so free to go grocery shopping tomorrow at Morrison's in Dumfries.  This also brings the promise of lunch out - maybe just a sandwich as we were naughty today - I sent OH out for a cream chocolate éclair!

• Cold damp and the odd bit of sun.,

Dogs had a good walk but they are in hibernation mode..

Wood burner lit most nights but luckily the radiators switch off..

OG hope eye is returning to normal..

Heather I bet you will sleep well tonight after family day.

• Oh yes, WENDY! I hope so, only four hours sleep last night! I stayed away from the liqueurs this evening, though! Shop did very well yesterday, this is coming up to the busy time, of course. The boys are looking forward to meeting you next month :-)

• They are brave to venture out with me... care in the community is good for the soul so they say:-)

• Hello all. Seems to have gone chilly down here as central heating kicked in this morning - set at 18 1/2 degrees.  Nice quiet Sunday with a roast dinner and chilling.  Been trying to get an appointment at the ENT clinic through my doctor, she rang me the other day said she was frustrated as getting no answer from the department so has fast tracked me for 2 weeks.  We know cancer has been ruled out but having the problem flare up again and needing antibiotics to clear it something needs to be done as I don't want to be taking antibiotics every time it flares up. So next Tuesday 2nd Oct and we'll see what happens.

OH goes down to County Ground tomorrow, then Wed and Thurs weather permitting for the final game of the season. He commentates for the blind. Going to be rather chilly playing!!!!

OG - not naughty, I try and make sure we have a cream cake of some sort every Sunday with a cuppa early evening. We only have one main meal on a Sunday so it is a treat in the evening.

Heather, hope you enjoyed your day with the family. Do you know which cruise company Lindy has gone with.  Anyway hope she enjoys the cruise.

• Ten mins weeding, wary of flowering rye grass & its wheezing danger. Cleared space for tomatoes, seedlings due in this month. Cleared spider webs from car passenger doors as I am to drive Dau#1 & OH to airport en route to Spain. Plane leaves after 10 pm, so they leave their car here about teatime.  4 hours to checkin!