WEEKLY CHAT (NON-OSPREY) SUNDAY AUGUST 19 2018

Hallo all!  Have a happy week and don't forget to check last week's thread for any late-breaking developments!  :-))

• OH, BONNIE!  you do make me chuckle!  Loved the story of getting back in the car at the beach.  I think Mummy is very clever and good at "thinking like a dog" - just what every dog needs for a slave!

LINDA - looking forward to hearing your thoughts on Dyfi!  I hope you get to chat with your newly-arrived friends - and then safe journey home!

AQ - thought frizzling sounded as if it would be more like sizzling - for those super-hot days!  So accurate with timing when grizzling and mythering happen - one reason I am an old grumpy and don't get on with kids.

Can't concentrate today - having our roof cleaned and then sealed - compressor full-blast outside study window, and two men, hoses and tools tramping about on the roof - reverberates through the empty areas of the loft space!  OH haircut later this morning - got out of step when I had mine done early and short.

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• OH haircut done - neither can shower - water pressure down due to hoses.  Compressor has been running non-stop for four hours (one broke down so one man disappeared to get it fixed!) - don't know what Mrs Ancient Next-door is thinking of the noise - if she ever spoke to us I would go round and apologise!

• Just back from Elgin, went on the train this morning. Very warm over there. We had lunch in Harbour Lights - all three of us enjoyed it. I had warmed hot smoked salmon with asparagus, hollandaise sauce and baby potatoes. I wasn't sure whether the slice of black pudding would 'go' with it, but it was fine and tasty. Then, while son in law enjoyed a home made scone with jam and cream, daughter and I shared a cheeseboard.

I'm still feeling full of food!

• HEATHER - were you celebrating the girls' first day back at school by having a grown-up lunch?  I wouldn't have chosen your meal, but glad you liked it!  I had cheese for my lunch today.

Roof job finished and the clearing up was passable - a very mucky job - looked like we had been keeping a horse on the roof!

• We're back home and I've been on the phone, plus unpacking since we got here.....

• Welcome home, LINDY!

OG- The Moray children all returned to school last week. SiL had another blood test today. He has been taking iron rich foods and a supplement from the health food shop that his GP recommended. He is desperate to get back to work as he is on basic pay when not offshore. He can't go back until the medics are happy with his bloods, obviously. He is looking and feeling much better, though. I told him that he should have the black pudding at lunch, not me. He looked at me and just shook his head....I know it isn't to everyone's taste.

• Evening everyone.

Glad you had a nice lunch Heather and that your son-in-law is feeling better. Always think the train is a stress free way to travel.

Hopefully some nice lunches out and trips to favourite places will encourage you out during the winter OG. I used to love winter but no more.

Glad you had a great day out at Dyfi Lindybird. Never been there.

Bonnie you will need to stop doing what your told all the time then you might get s treat to encourage you.

We are busy getting organised to go to Oban and Mull on Thursday for about 8 days. Will also visit Iona so really looking forward to that. John Smith the labour leader who died quite young came from Kirkcaldy and there's a retail park named after him. He was described as 'the greatest Prime Minister we never had' which I think could well have been the case.

Hope everyone keeps well and 'see' you all when I get back.

• Evening all:  Carpets cleaned today and now OH and I are puttering about in slip-on booties over our regular shoes..... OH and I went out to eat and now watching coverage of all the legal doings surrounding that awful man's former staff/attorney.  Oh my.

OG: I'm sure you're glad that roof work is done; I have the same feeling about the windows and carpeting.

Heather: I could eat that lunch!  Just had sea bass with spinach but opted for asparagus instead of potatoes.  No dessert though.  Good that your SiL is doing better, but he must be so frustrated at now being able to work.  Any estimate on that might be?

Gillian:  I've always to go to that part of Scotland - have a wonderful time!!  Hope the weather is kind.

Lindybird:  Welcome home!

• Good Morning.  Have a lovely time, Gillian. I remember John Smith, what a tragic death.

Annette, you must be relieved that the carpets are finally done. Every day brings fresh drama on the political front there: you do indeed live in "interesting times."

Heather: I would have enjoyed your meal, too, but without the black pudding. I have tried it but didn't care for it. Hope your SIL is going to slowly improve, and get his life back on track.

Grey skies here again.

• Gillian - I am green with envy.  Mull is my favourite place in the whole world, and I go back whenever I have the chance.  I've been in every month of the year, in every weather pattern imaginable, for the past twenty-five years.  I was there last year, but can't see me getting there in 2018.  I'm sure you know John Smith is buried on Iona - top left hand corner of the cemetery, when you get there!

Annette - news from America is a constant cause for … concern?  amusement?  anger?  pity?  I'm very glad I don't live there - but feel sorry for those of my friends who do.  Even in our rather insular news reports there seems to be a 'daily update' of goings-on across the pond.

Happy Wednesday, everyone.  Another full and varied day for me!