Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 12 August 2018

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a peaceful, wonderful week. 

Wolf, Yellowstone National Park 
U.S. National Park Service, NPS/Jacob W. Frank
Photo labeled Public Domain (Copyright Free)

• Good morning, all.  Another wet one here – maybe I shall soon need to learn to swim!  My Mother was a strong swimmer; Dad had no confidence: in the Scouts he was supposed to swim across the Thames, he felt he couldn’t get there so over halfway across he turned and went back – doing a greater distance than the crossing!

Annette – is it just your niece who is coming over, or is she bringing her OH?  And remind me when she is due, my memory is definitely not so good these days!

Diane – I see the Turkeys are still around and leaving you feathers, but having them in for tea is a little extreme – unless you meant turkey sandwiches, but I know you wouldn’t do that!

Heather – good to see your youngest S-i-L still enjoys cooking.  Is he fully recovered now from the health scare?

Rosy – belated birthday wishes.  I assume from the size of the party it was one with a zero at the end?  Congratulations!  Please the downstairs noises will soon be finished – I hope you get good neighbours in there!

Lynette -good to hear from you, and nice that you are seeing your Brother soon.  I hope the nerve tests will reveal what is wrong with your arms and legs – much better to know what you are up against.

Linda – will be good to have your Son there two nights instead of one – more time for a chat.  Pleased the young family enjoyed their holiday in Wales; I guess Tomasz is a good age for visiting “Cassels”!  Thanks for update on the Orca – I missed that on the news!

Gillian – lovely countryside to have dogs, around you.  Glad the baby had his eyes open this time – you will enjoy getting to know him.  Good luck with the knitting!

FB – pleased you got your pub lunch this week!

Sending OH out in the rain for shopping this afternoon – don’t feel like going with him – think I have begun my hibernation already!  Am going to try to catch up on emails, also start work on the church newsletter and do some typing for J from dictation – that should be fun!

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• Been busy, checking up on Friend G on the phone, and getting ready for Eldests arrival tonight.

Now I have a short interval, so I thought I would start putting on the pics from our visit to Tatton Flower Show this year.

It was a warmish day, but not too hot, and there were clouds which came and went, so all in all quite pleasant for a wander around. We got there as the gates were opened, and shuffled in along with many others who were already queueing.

These were the first things to greet us:  live butterflies, flapping!

One of the first displays was this little "native Village" looking show of pretty outdoor seating with various roofs:  I'd love one!

We went straight into the largest tent:  the RHS Floral Marquee, and this was the first lovely display.

Every year there is one flower which seems to be the fashion statement, and this year it was sunflowers, in all their forms. Very cheerful!  If you look carefully, you can see that the one on the right with the red ones, is actually a pair of jeans!!

This was lovely, but sadly my picture does not do the colours justice.

• More:

Loved these!

So pretty!

A nice display of Streptocarpus, of which I have a few.  They had a Gold Medal for this.

More pretty blooms.

Like the Streptocarpus, you sort of expect these Orchids to smell wonderful, but they don't. Still beautiful, though.

Another Gold Medal winner!  -  We spoke to an RHS representative, who was in attendance to answer questions etc., and she said that this year, most of the displays in the RHS Marquee had managed to get Gold medals, the standard was so high, but that not many of the outdoor displays or gardens had managed to get one.

I lingered by these beautiful lilies, as they did smell, and it was so intoxicating!

• Thank you, LINDY! I almost felt as if I was there at Tatton.

• Beautiful photos, Lindy. I love the lilies!

• Thanks for sharing the Tatton Photos, LINDA. Lovely displays - but I couldn't linger by the Lilies - allergic to their scent!   particularly liked the Orchids and the Alliums.

Finished taking dictation from J - contents pages for some of his folders - despite the computer - not sure whether it was predictive formatting or just being difficult!

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• Lindy/OG: I loved the peach-coloured orchids! 

• Unknown said:

Lindy/OG: I loved the peach-coloured orchids! 

Diane, when you are in front of such beauty, its hard to choose any one kind out of them all, they're all so lovely. Mind you, I'm the same with roses, I just love whichever one I'm standing in front of at the time!

• Morning all:  Tottered out onto the patio at 3 a.m. and peered up but no Perseid Shower visible due to coastal overcast.  Oh well.

Lindybird:  Lovely photos and some lovely flowers (which are always lovelier outside in their natural environment).  Had to smile at the butterflies, although the woman looked a lot happier than the man. :-)  In my next freelance job, I'll be writing about an orchid-growing farm that has a chocolate orchid that allegedly does smell of chocolate!

OG: Hate predictive formatting!  My computer sometimes does that, inserting all kinds of commands when I thought I was just on my basic format.

Better get a move on...

• Annette: I can empathize. Fog settled here. 

I forgot to say that the book you're reading sounded interesting.