OFF-SEASON OBS, LOCH GARTEN NEST, 07 August 2018 ~ March 2019

• In reply to Korky:

It depends on where your image is. If it is on your hard drive and is over 1024kb, then you will have to use your editing suite to decrease the filesize. If its on Flickr then you can insert an image from Flickr. To insert either type of image click on insert  which is in the box underneath where you are typing and click on "Insert image/video file". That will then bring up the options of which to insert. The current default is web URL for videos or Flickr links. Click to select the file upload option and upload from your hard drive. You will also see 2 boxes which regulate the size your image will be displayed at in the post - default is 320x240. Replace those with either the file dimensions or other suitable larger numbers and your picture will fit the width of the panel. Hope that helps.

----------

Cheers,

Bob

My Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bobs_retired_now/

• In reply to Bobs_Still_Retired:

many thanks Bob. Very helpful indeed!

• In reply to Korky:

Just tried a screen grab..Original size is 1.47MB resized 314kb

Uploaded using Bob's suggestion of file size demensions

My Flickr photos

• OY. Hello everyone. I'm so happy it's back, but it's SO disorienting for me right now. I'm Replying to the OP, as has been suggested.

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2019 DU Summaries

• I just discovered that if I click to sort by "Newest" then the most recent post is at the top, instead of at the bottom. It remains to be seen if this will help or hinder my navigation of the forum.

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2019 DU Summaries

• I'm going to try posting a picture. Don't think this qualifies as Off Season but it'll probably be spring 2019 before I'm fully used to this new set up

Warning!  This post contains atrocious spelling, and terrible grammar.  Approach with extreme edginess.

• In reply to Korky:

If that's the same one as I vidded (?) you musta been very PDQ, mine was only perched on the nuts for a second, if that!

"Poor little Crestie didn't last long"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZNmm8hZE7M

Tiger's Osprey Info & World Bird Cams

• In reply to Heron77:

I took the 320 out of the Insert box and replaced it with 550, then blanked the 240 pixels, and my squirrel came out as above.  But it's time-consuming - maybe not too bad as a one-off, but add on all the other difficulties...

Tiger's Osprey Info & World Bird Cams

• In reply to scylla:

My snaps were taken around 12.25pm scylla. He was there for long enough for me to get 3 or 4 shots. The crestie was raising and lowering his crest at a great tit. 

Here's a different shot, where there was a little bead in his eye.

I'll post it at 100x100, which worked last time, even if you need a magnifying glass to see it at all. 

(c) RSPB Loch Garten

• In reply to scylla:

I wonder what’s been wrong with the bird-Feeder webcam as it’s been down and offline all day.

Regards,

Ian.

Regards,

Ian.