OFF-SEASON OBS, LOCH GARTEN NEST, 07 August 2018 ~ March 2019

EDIT

Late in the day I changed the title of this thread from "DU" to "Off-Season Obs" ~ anyone is welcome to suggest a better title than the current one :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No osprey presence yesterday, but in the evening a visit from an osprey nemesis ;)

TIGER has reminded us that we mustn't jump the gun when our ospreys don't appear on-cam, or even at the Centre, for a day or two, so we wait...

• MOFFER
    I have just spoken to Moffer's husband who tells me that the operation went well yesterday and she was sitting up in bed at 5pm with a sandwich and a cup of tea.
    He will pass on our best wishes when he sees her later today.

• Thank you Mike, that's really good news, I wish her a speedy recovery.
  • Excellent news, thanks Mike. Ian
  • What a relief! Thank you Mike! That is a great report that she is sitting up and eating! On the way to recovery! :-) We await her return.
  • Afternoon folks,

Just to say that we are hoping the camera will switch to the osprey nest tomorrow morning - all being well with the technology, that is. We've been having a little trouble with the mike, so please don't be alarmed if it's not working. We'll be working to make sure it's up and running properly in time for EJ's return (PLEASE!)

In addition, later on in March, you will be able to view not one, but two webcams online, on the RPSB Loch Garten webpage - the osprey nest and the feeder. We also hope that over winter, once the osprey nest has emptied of its chicks (another PLEASE!) we will switch to another wildlife camera as well as the bird feeder.

Fingers crossed for the technology please. And then toes crossed for EJ's return.

Moffer - I hope you're recovering after your op. Sending you our best wishes from the team here at LG x

Thanks everyone

Jess
  • Thank you Jess and I'll make sure Moffer knows of your thoughts.
  • Thank’s Jess,
    I'm pleased that the Bird-Feeder is going to be showing live and online 52 weeks a year. I'm so pleased as i knew it was a possibility it could happen this year.
  • Good to hear Moffer is doing well. 'See you' soon Moffer. :)
  • Thank you Mike for the news on Moffer. Her husband and family must be relieved. Imagine her sitting up in bed with a sandwich and a cup of tea having had back surgery! Amazing woman!
    Many thanks for your cam news, Jess. Lovely to see you here too, by the way. I am sure the news will be a fillip for Moffer's recovery!
  • Great news re Mothers op...
    Wish you a continued speedy recovery Mother....as we need you back here, to do some more awesome pic posting. :)

Nice news about the twin cam feed option...I just hope we dont run into upload bandwidth problems....as we already know Loch Garten has suffered these ills for years, or has something changed?