OFF-SEASON OBS, LOCH GARTEN NEST, 07 August 2018 ~ March 2019

• In reply to SheilaFE:

Not osprey related, but before the season starts I feel it is worthy of publicity.

A not for profit company has been created by Mark Avery, Chris Packham and Ruth Tingay with the objectives:

• Nature conservation, primarily in UK.
    • Advocacy to make UK laws, policies and practices more wildlife-friendly.
    • Use of UK legal system to further nature conservation objectives.
    • Encourage public participation in nature conservation issues.

You can read more about it herehere and here

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018

• In reply to SheilaFE:

Thanks for this info Sheila, sounds a good read. Yes indeed I hope we are up and running on all cylinders before her Royal Highness an others arrive back home . Imagine if we have to clicking on all the photos to get a descent view!!!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• In reply to Korky:

Hello Korky!  I hope you are having a wonderful time.

Yep, Catlady, it is still taking some time to get used to it.  I'm not sure why they've not sorted out the size of the photos, given that so many have commented on thread to do with the update.

• In reply to SheilaFE:

It said somewhere, but I can't find it now LOL!!! that you can click and drag photos.  This is the last snip I took of the nest on 5 September when they were taking the camera down.  I wonder what it will look like in March.

It does work!  but so far it looks quite small

Edit:  I guess I could pull the corner... to 500ish!

Edit to the edit.  Well that is certainly quicker than going thru 'insert' and all the boxes

If all else fails, click on the pic and it fills the page, click again and it returns to the small version.

• In reply to SheilaFE:

Ah.  Add images and other files by dragging them into the editor  appears briefly at the bottom of the box when in Add Rich Formatting before you start to type 

Just above this typed line, at the bottom of the box - I ought to have marked it!

• In reply to SheilaFE:

To add to the issues re getting to the first or last page. I've just clicked on 'Last Post' re Sheila's post above. There is no 'time' in blue alongside it and it took me to August. Below that is Sunny Kates entry on a different thread BUT is has the time delay ie: three hours in blue alongside it. That took me to the last page and her post. Is this a clue to the difference??

Birdies LG DU update.

• In reply to Mike:

I've just done the same again. It says latest post by Mike but again NO TIME. Clicking on 'latest' takes me to August.

Birdies LG DU update.

• In reply to Mike:

These are ok for me....clicking the time above Mike,and takes me to his post.

• In reply to Korky:

Korky said:

I'm trying this out, 7,000 miles away but taken with 5G!! But I think the photo is just as bad as those I usually take.

Anyhow, hello everyone and thanks for keeping me up to date!

Ha, ha Korky nice one! 

• In reply to SunnyKate2:

I have just tried this also Mike and it works okay for me, either clicking the time from the home page or going to the post and going to the last page, both have who posted date and time.