OFF-SEASON OBS, LOCH GARTEN NEST, 07 August 2018 ~ March 2019

EDIT

Late in the day I changed the title of this thread from "DU" to "Off-Season Obs" ~ anyone is welcome to suggest a better title than the current one :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No osprey presence yesterday, but in the evening a visit from an osprey nemesis ;)

TIGER has reminded us that we mustn't jump the gun when our ospreys don't appear on-cam, or even at the Centre, for a day or two, so we wait...

• The Iberian peninsular had its second census of osprey within the area.  I think the last one was two years ago.  The results are reported on Amigos del Águila Pescadora FB page which is a public forum - for those on FB here

It says:

There are already the results of the 2th Iberian Eagle Census. In 2019 they have wintered a total of 444 to 463 individuals, of which 267 did it in Spain and from 175 to 196 in Portugal.
    Morocco sheds a figure of more than 66 fishing eagles.
    Behind these results there is a great effort of fans and professionals, more than 400 participants and 49 entities, once again, thank you all.

Amazing and wonderful how many were seen and reported.

• Live camera is down at the moment. I have emailed Peter and will ring later if not sorted.
  • Have left a message for Peter on Home and Mobile.
  • SOS Have we really got to keep clicking to 100 and whatever to get to the latest posts? at the bottom of the loaded page? or have I missed something. I have ''descending'' at the top of the page and ''by date' ....... is this correct? I would be grateful if someone could PM me (can we do that? a lot of my 'friends' seem to have been lost in my profile). Otherwise, goodness knows if I'll be able to access any reply to this post. Thank you to all.
  • The latest lash up!
    I wanted to post a photo for Catlady on the LoL page only to find that Rich Formatting is not working.
    Comes up as PAGE NOT FOUND. Page no longer exists!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
  • MIKE SAID:

Rich Formatting is not working.
    Comes up as PAGE NOT FOUND. Page no longer exists!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    =================
    Quite right it doesn't :o

I did use it elsewhere just now, as you may see if you pop into Bob's "plea" thread in the Comm Upgrade.

It does if you hit Reply on someone else's post up the page... and that brings back the OP of the Off-season Obs above the RF posting box you are in.

• Hi everyone Why is it so complicated is there a list of instructions anywhere on this site It
    might help if they are not to complicated or is it press button and see what happens ???

or is it just ME

• Hi Trevor, to my knowledge there are no lists of instructions. We had an update in the back end last year, weeks later we had some tweaks applied, last week we had more tweaks applied and all seemed to be relatively okay, but now things are all going haywire again!! so Yes, as you ask it may be a case of hitting buttons and fingers crossed! Good luck.
    Why all of a a sudden is the reply box huge!!
  • I'm not replying to you, Trevor, even tho it says I am - I just need to "use" you to get to Rich Formatting ;-D  Hope you don't mind ;)

A quietish morning at the feeder, the most frequent visitors being squirrels, who started just before nightcam.

The first bird was a Coal Tit, it took away a piece of peanut:

(Ref the above snap - I left the insert box @ 320x240 and uploaded the pic without first resizing it.  Obviously the pic was not reduced by the system size limit.)

Then GSW and other tits but no Crestie.

• At least, I guess experimenting with the interface, while the back-end tweaking continues, keeps us out of other trouble! [ironic expression on face]. Every now and then when the system forces me to sign in again, I experience a deep but temporary anxiety that I won't be able to get in. And no one will know since I won't be able to post! :-D

In the meantime, this menu for the Rich Text Box looks new to me, but I haven't used it in a while. Has more options of fonts, text background colors, viewing options, tools...