OFF-SEASON OBS, LOCH GARTEN NEST, 07 August 2018 ~ March 2019

• Excellent news, thanks Mike. Ian
  • In reply to Mike:

What a relief! Thank you Mike! That is a great report that she is sitting up and eating! On the way to recovery! :-) We await her return.

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2019 DU Summaries

• Afternoon folks,

Just to say that we are hoping the camera will switch to the osprey nest tomorrow morning - all being well with the technology, that is. We've been having a little trouble with the mike, so please don't be alarmed if it's not working. We'll be working to make sure it's up and running properly in time for EJ's return (PLEASE!)

In addition, later on in March, you will be able to view not one, but two webcams online, on the RPSB Loch Garten webpage - the osprey nest and the feeder. We also hope that over winter, once the osprey nest has emptied of its chicks (another PLEASE!) we will switch to another wildlife camera as well as the bird feeder.

Fingers crossed for the technology please. And then toes crossed for EJ's return.

Moffer - I hope you're recovering after your op. Sending you our best wishes from the team here at LG x

Thanks everyone

Jess

Visitor Operations Site Manager, RSPB Abernethy National Nature Reserve

• Thank you Jess and I'll make sure Moffer knows of your thoughts.

Birdies LG DU update.

• Thank’s Jess,
    I'm pleased that the Bird-Feeder is going to be showing live and online 52 weeks a year. I'm so pleased as i knew it was a possibility it could happen this year.

Regards,

Ian.

• Mike, thanks very much for the update on Moffer. Wishing her a speedy recovery.
    Jess, thank you for the update on the cameras. Great to know the feeder will be online and that we'll have another wildlife camera during winter.
    All my fingers and toes crossed for EJ's return and a successful breeding season.

2019 LG Updates - March - August

• Good to hear Moffer is doing well. 'See you' soon Moffer. :)

• Thank you Mike for the news on Moffer. Her husband and family must be relieved. Imagine her sitting up in bed with a sandwich and a cup of tea having had back surgery! Amazing woman!
    Many thanks for your cam news, Jess. Lovely to see you here too, by the way. I am sure the news will be a fillip for Moffer's recovery!

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018

• Great news re Mothers op...
    Wish you a continued speedy recovery Mother....as we need you back here, to do some more awesome pic posting. :)

Nice news about the twin cam feed option...I just hope we dont run into upload bandwidth problems....as we already know Loch Garten has suffered these ills for years, or has something changed?

• I suppose it could be the satellite broadband that Loch Garten had installed in 2018 as that is what I suspected when Carnyx Wild told me in a reply to me by email, when I was told it was technically posible to have the Loch Garten Osprey Nest webcam and the Loch Garten Bird-Feeder webcam broadcasting simultaneously live and online at the same time and then by replies to my emails from Jess at Loch Garten, last October, that the Loch Garten reserve hoped that the Bird-Feeder webcam could be broadcasting 52 weeks a year in 2019 if approved by the RSPB at there headquarters at the Lodge reserve in Bedfordshire. I’m very pleased that it looks like that it’s going to happen.

Regards,

Ian.