Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 1 July 2018

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MONTH!

I hope everyone has a wonderful (and cooler) week!

Collared Lizard, Arches National Park, UTAH USA
U.S. National Park Service/Casey Hodnett
Photo labeled Public Domain (Copyright Free)

• LINDY   loved Amber in that hat.

A pleasantly cool start to the day here.

• Weather looks the same but feels more comfortable – woke late this morning, and actually realised I had forgotten what real sleep is!  We did some small garden jobs yesterday and still have a to do list!  J has gone out yet again, and OH has gone for a few necessities such as Cherries!  We had some at the weekend and they were perfect with J’s chocolate birthday cake, so I thought we would have more until the cake is used up.

Linda – what a good way to “pack” hats for the journey home, on a small person’s head – pity you can’t borrow her and do that with shoes!

Dibnlib – amazed at Culloden House from behind – looks so different from the front!  Hope OH enjoyed his birthday!

Annette – Thanks for reminder of Peaches – OH likes them but I don’t enjoy the furry texture of the skins, so I forget about them.  Will watch out for them in Asda tomorrow for him when we do our “big shop”.

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• PS - OH just came in and said he spilt milk in the car - yukk. Dread to think what that will smell like in this heat!

• LINDY - In an airport, years ago, we saw a lady with several hats balanced on her head! I wonder if it was classed as excess baggage..

ANNETTE - likewise, the Danes' shower cubicle is very small. Too much info, I know, but I was told years ago that they shower together to save water! Too close for comfort LOL.

OG - I have only ever used that entrance to Culloden House and hadn't realised that it was the back! Anyway, there is red carpet on the steps and it makes a nice way to start a visit. Agree about the milk. Bella spilt some on the dining chairs in the back room here, and I was very concerned that it would smell. I can still see the stains, despite my efforts at cleaning. They will be visiting again at the end of this month and I will be better prepared! Not her fault, mine.

DIBNLIB - glad that you enjoyed your afternoon tea. What a treat :-)

Cooler here today but bedroom still hot last night. Why did I give the fan away??? It went to a good home, though. Middle daughter and Amy were both on daughter's bed enjoying the cooling 'breeze'. I'm fortunate enough to have a largish bedroom with double aspect windows so it is a little easier to keep cooler. Or so I try to tell myself!

• Maybe I have mistaken that hotel for another I have seen when visiting up there!

• OG   The pic is the front view, with the door opening onto reception.  The back of the hotel looks out onto fields with Highland cattle grazing.

• Youngest daughter (Morayshire) has received a letter from the Council, asking them not to use hosepipes, to take quick showers etc. Apparently a water shortage. Wonder if WENDY has had a similar letter?

• PS - Cherries and chocolate, OG - mouthwatering stuff!

• We've been warned by our water company that a hosepipe ban will be possible, if we aren't careful and don't use hosepipes!  -- but they did explain that after our wet winter, they do have plenty of water in the reservoirs, but the problem has been in treating the water fast enough when we're all taking extra baths, & watering the garden etc. in this warm weather.

I've finished the ironing, and had a gossip on the phone. Talking about going off to Wales again soon, but keeping one eye on the weather reports as if it's too hot it's not worth hauling ourselves over there, we might as well keep cool here. 

• Last evening I put two bees out through the door which had got trapped in the conservatory. Then one minute later, in the kitchen, I found a Red Admiral butterfly flapping around - out she went, too.  You would think I'd banked a few gold stars for giving Nature a helping hand, but no - -  later, when I stood in the garden watering with my can, I felt something on my ankles and found I'd backed up against some stinging nettles!!