Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 13 May 2018

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a wonderful week. 

PLEASE CHECK BACK TO LAST WEEK'S THREAD HERE TO SEE AN IMPORTANT MESSAGE FROM MOFFER. Feel better, Moffer!

Sleeping Barred Owl

U.S. National Park Service (G. Gardner)
Photo labeled Public Domain (Copyright Free)

• Happy hunting Lindy -at least you managed to get a refund!

• Lindy,    Glad you had a refund, but still not the present you ordered.

Just when you thought you had everything sorted!

Dibnlib,     I also found several recipes for the parsnips. In one of them, the parsnips are caramelised with the sugar first, which seemed rather a palaver (and sweet), and another where everything went into a baking dish together, (more my kind of thing). What sort of cheese do you use?

Yes, I can imagine the Cullodden  forest takes some beating, scenic-wise.  Your Alaskan trip does sound good, though.      

We have our electrician coming early tomorrow to change our down lighters to LED. Fitting new bulbs in the present fittings is becoming increasingly difficult for us.

Heather,   Hope you had a good gardening day, (with no stopping to produce meals for Grandson), although it must be nice to see him.

Happy gardening, Annette, if that is what you are busy doing.

• Rosy, some friends of ours had theirs changed: they have quite a few downlighters in their low ceilinged cottage, but are now very happy with their new LED lights. Hope yours are just as successful.

• ROSY   My recipe uses gruyere and that works well for me. I use the throw it all in a baking dish method.

Beautiful morning here. I will swim then we are taking Benson for his much needed haircut. An hour and a half later we will collect a very different dog and take him to Dores for a swim.

• Good Morning.  Misty again, here.

Hope Benson enjoys his swim, Dibnlib.

• Good morning!

I've been down the garden and think that there has been a casualty - lots of pigeon feathers lying around. I'm such a baby - don't want to come across anything :-( but will have to investigate in a wee while.

ROSY - The electrician told me that whatever he has replaced our ceiling lights with, use much less electricity. Agree about replacing the lamps, I can't do it, have to wait for one of the boys to help.

Enjoy your swim and walk, DIBNLIB.

• Electrician did not arrive, and we could not contact him. Late morning, we received a text saying that he had had emergency surgery late evening.

I hope all will be well with him.

Thanks Dibnlib for your recipe. That sounds like the version I will try.

I hope all enjoy their swim!

Heather,    I do not like finding  feathers lying around either, but I do quite often. I think it must be foxes here. (not the feathers)!

• ROSY- I'm sorry to hear about your electrician and hope all goes well for him.

I found a pigeon in a corner, looking not too good. Some flight feathers (?) missing. I put a dish of water beside it. Anyway, it has disappeared now, so assume it has managed to fly, as there is no other way it could get out of my back garden. I've checked all the back garden, including behind the garage.

Callum got a call from the police today and he has had his car returned. Since the accident he has been driving an old banger. He is here now, cleaning his 'proper' car. I'm not sure what it means but apparently the police said that they are sorry to have impounded the car for so long and that they will meet any costs.  Callum wasn't directly involved in the accident but he was directly behind the car that attempted to overtake another and those two cars collided. Some of you may remember that one of those two drivers was killed.

• Shame about your electrician, Rosy:  hope the poor man recovers from what ails.

There has been a lot of noise from next door this afternoon, and a man can be seen occasionally, bobbing up and down, trying to cut their hedges with some sort of electrical machine (3 sides to do....)  He is making quite a meal of it, and I can't help feeling that my OH would have done it all in half the time.....

• I'm sure you are right, LINDY!