Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 13 May 2018

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a wonderful week. 

PLEASE CHECK BACK TO LAST WEEK'S THREAD HERE TO SEE AN IMPORTANT MESSAGE FROM MOFFER. Feel better, Moffer!

Sleeping Barred Owl

U.S. National Park Service (G. Gardner)
Photo labeled Public Domain (Copyright Free)

• Good morning.  With all the spring/summer sunshine our solar generation has decided to stop working!  Original installer folded; got a maintenance agreement and they folded - now find a second one has deregistered at Companies' House.  OH is checking the instruction book, but not much one can do oneself, so will probably have to search for a local company.  Good thing we aren't using the tumble drier while we can hang out the washing.

Will be gardening again today, but hope those celebrating the Sussex's wedding will enjoy the day.  I had wondered if HRH would be researching a vacant title for them.  Also read about the last previous Duke of Sussex - Hhhmmmm!

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• OG -the solar panels here are the old ones which just heat water. However, they are over thirty years old and I was wondering yesterday how much longer they would work. No plumber/engineer that visits here has a clue about how they work. They were installed by a company no longer in existence... This morning, both were working and so I switched off the hot water from the gas boiler. I think if they fail I will just forget all about them. Now I've said that, you can guess what will happen!!

• What a beautiful wedding! Loved the bride's simple, elegant dress. They looked so much in love, and the weather was perfect, and none of the bridesmaids threw a tantrum!

Enjoyed our Street Party - we were all requested to bring food, and of course there was, in the end, far too much. My OH had seconds. Then he had cake. Then he had strawberries & cream. Then he had pork pies and sausage rolls, LOL!!  A live band played Rolling Stones tunes and all the children had their faces painted. We chatted to our near neighbours until we got far too hot from sitting in the sun for too long. Came home for a soothing cup of tea.

• Diane:  It's true I'm busy getting organized for AZ trip (also getting some previous trip photos organized to post), but I can still start the thread later on this evening. Have one eye on TV. My PBS recording (the BBC broadcast) didn't record as planned but will be repeated tomorrow.  CNN's version heavy on the "There's Oprah!  There's George and Amal!" so lots of shouting from me and fast-forwarding. (Does anyone know why Victoria Beckham never smiles?) ABC's version much quieter but I'm still fast-forwarding while doing bills, gathering remodeling paperwork, laundry, deep watering trees etc...

• Sorry your solar arrangements are failing, OG. How annoying. I nearly put "solar system" but it looked all wrong, LOL!!

• Annette - if my husband was covered in tattoos I wouldn't smile either!

I thought it was a lovely wedding - although rather too much of Ama - I wonder why the camera crew considered she was more important than HM?  Or the rest of the guests?  But the sun shone brightly, I thought the dress was beautiful, they both looked so happy - and I thought the Bishop was amazing.  Usually at weddings the 'address' - if there is one - is so bland.  But that was truly challenging.  Good on him!

• I never much cared for Victoria Beckham, but her sour face today was the only dampener, I thought, on a real day of smiles.

I've just been back up the road to collect a large Union Jack which I lent to the decorations, thankfully it was found and returned to me (although no one said "Thank You" either when I gave it, nor when I asked for it back - where are people's manners these days?)

Forgot to say, that our sons birthday present finally arrived yesterday, so all is well on that front.

• Good evening, everyone.

I think I must have been half asleep when I posted this morning – I clearly remember referring to Her Maj the Queen as HRH, when I should have said HM; hope I won’t get thrown in the tower for treason!

We had two good sessions of gardening together this morning and this afternoon.  Unfortunately, we are running out of jobs I can join in, so OH will be busier without me – but at least I am good at “to do” lists and prioritising the tasks!  Heard a commotion out there earlier - Crow spotted where Starling has his annual nest by the chimney when the babies set off their cacophony as they do when food is on the way, then Mr Starling had to shout and try to look big to frighten Crow away!  Hope it stays away, but I am sure it will remember. 

I did see a bit of today’s event on TV as they were just emerging from signing the register when we sat down to lunch, so we watched them down the aisle and on the procession.  I liked her dress, so simple and with sleeves.  Spotted Princess Charlotte turning around to tell big brother what he should be doing – she seems a right little madam!  Nice to see Prince Philip looking well.

Local solar panel man will phone back Monday to say when he can come to look at the system.  So annoying to see all this sunshine and we are not making anything from it.  He may have to leave a message as I was planning shopping at Morrison’s and lunch at the Ice Cream Farm!  I think the three of us are all going to church together tomorrow – J has been wavering over St Andrew’s again!

Just had our first real Scottish Berries of the season – can’t beat them, although these were from Perthshire and I really prefer them from Fife or Angus.  Getting cramp, so I must move from here!

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• Not been on for a while but watched the whole of the proceedings today and what a wedding.  Meghan looked stunning in such a simple dress .  As you say Pat, the "sermon" was challenging and food for thought - such a change. The sun shone brightly and we had a quintisential English day of love and pagentry.