Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 1 April 2018

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MONTH! 

I hope everyone has a wonderful week and a good spring (autumn for AQ). 

The roofing crew arrived on Wednesday, instead of Friday, to do some emergency, initial work on my roof. While they worked up there, R.T. Hawk and his mate flew over them several times, and then the pair sat in their pine tree and watched the crew closely. The men didn't pay much attention to their wary observers. 

Red-tailed hawks are known to be very curious birds, so maybe they just wanted to see what was happening. I actually wondered whether the hawks thought the men were "intruding" on my "nest," even trying to steal it from me. In their raptor minds, they probably consider my house to be my nest. If I had acted distressed or angry, I wonder whether they would have helped me "defend" it?! LOL

Take care, all. 

• Good morning Clare. Thank you. Same to you.

• Mike B said:

Good morning Clare. Thank you. Same to you.

I bet you're looking forward to escaping the beautiful spring-like conditions here!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Good morning and Happy Easter, ALL.  Some sunshine so far, but mostly a bit dull.  Haven't fallen asleep yet this morning - been very out of sorts the last few days!  J didn't get to "dawn" service - and we are all staying at home - all with different stages of sore throats.  I did talk OH out of gardening at 8:30 in 5 degrees - sure it'll be warmer later, so he did more filing.  We have both been shredding on an industrial scale as we dispose of ancient history!  Yesterday's gardening effort does show up the bad bits - what he did was the bird feeder area, but of course that had to be re-arranged by resident Blackbird!

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• Sorry about the sore throats, OG, but well done on the flinging and shredding!

Sunny here now and quite springlike, though rather cold.

• OG - I hope that the sore throats decide to go away without further symptoms.

Sunny and cold here. I am probably the only person who would clean the oven BEFORE doing a roast dinner. ( I know.........)

• Has been known here, Heather - When I say oven needs cleaning, he doesn't do it then when we need to use it he sometimes thinks of it!  Currently, he hears weekly from me that it would be more efficient if it were clean!  Not that we do a full roast as you do - just bits of this and that, with only three to feed.

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• Glad that I'm not the only one, OG!! Mostly, like you, it is only bits of this and that but I hadn't cleaned it since the last family roast. Shame on me.

Callum and his Mum will be here shortly. He will spend AGES cleaning his car and his mum and I will prepare veggies. Eldest daughter will be here, her OH is fully recovered. She and Katie are making a chocolate cake for pudding. I think that fresh raspberries are involved, so a nod to healthy eating! Youngest family sad that they will not be here but youngest daughter is still very fluey.

• Hope you enjoy the family's visit, Heather :-)

Sorry they still have the flu.

We went to the Market, which was heaving with people because it's sunny here today. Lots of lovely hand made jewellery and furnishings, and many stalls full of yummy hand made cake, cheeses, oils, bread, pies, sausages etc. I bought some little custard tarts of the kind the Portuguese make as a speciality, and a super Russian savoury, which was hand made bread dough made into a cross between a pie and a bread, with cheese sandwiched into it. We ate it for lunch, with a slice of ham and some tomatoes. Very nice! Hot cross bun after, saving the Portuguese things for later 

• Lovely, Lindy.

Mrs G has finally arrived at Glaslyn, 10 days late!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• HAPPY EASTER to everyone. Enjoy having your family for a meal HEATHER.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the RAF. My OH and I are proud to have served.