Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 18 March 2018

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a wonderful week!!!

Hope EE had a great birthday!

Grizzly Bear
U.S. National Park Service, NPS Photo
Labeled Public Domain (Copyright Free)

• Saw the news on FB - great, just hope that a mate turns up for her, we don't want the traumas of last year.  Well done EJ.

• Annette, glad the party went well despite the hic-cups beforehand.

Diane - thank you for starting us off

Weather is quite mild now, sunshine and cloudy most of the time with just the odd shower. I believe its going to be changeable during the coming week.  Spring is on its way.  Its late so will look at posts tomorrow.  

• Hi all:  Paperwork catch up today; then investigating new laptop (smaller one) this evening, but oh my, the text seems a LOT small and if you enlarge it, everything gets bigger - desktop icons, ads, etc..... all a bit odd.

Amazing that EJ is back. Did she hitch a ride with Lindybird?

Will catch up with all the chat tomorrow.

• Great news. EJ back. Let the season begin!

• Hey, I Iooked out of the plane window, and there was a big, handsome looking bird flying alongside..... ..

Good Morning, Ospreyholics.  Dry here and not too cold - well, I AM still in my bed,  LOL!!

• Glad to see that Annette is home too. A lot for me to do today.

Meanwhile, here is today's pic:

"Is your nose real, or made of liquorice, Mum?"

• Good morning - bright and sunny so far.  A day of working towards tomorrows packing and departure - J will have to pack this evening as we shall leave straight after his work Friday and will want to pack the car in the early afternoon.  Hoping to find time to look at EJ today - wonder whether we shall have fun and games before a settled partnership as so many times before?

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• Unknown said:

Hi all:  Paperwork catch up today; then investigating new laptop (smaller one) this evening, but oh my, the text seems a LOT small and if you enlarge it, everything gets bigger - desktop icons, ads, etc..... all a bit odd.

Annette: Are you wanting the text everywhere on the computer to be larger? Or would you be satisfied to have the text on the Internet/Web appear bigger? For example, on this thread. Or when you search Google, for example.

If you just want to enlarge the font on the Internet/Web, that's easy. You can just use "Zoom."

If you're using Microsoft Edge, click on the three dots at the top right of your screen (underneath the X). Look for "Zoom" and click on the plus sign to make everything bigger. For example, you can go to 125%. 

If you're using Internet Explorer, click on the "View" tab and click on "Zoom." 

If you're using Chrome, click on the vertical three dots in the top right corner and click on the plus sign to increase the zoom.

----------

Or is it your MAIL PROGRAM where you need larger font?

If you're using Microsoft Outlook, open your mail program and look for the box at the top of the screen that says "Tell me what you want to do." It has a little light bulb beside it. Type in "increase font size". Click on "Get help for increase font size," and it will give you complete instructions for increasing your font size in the message list, in the message preview, in emails, and other places in your email program. 

OR if their instructions are confusing, here are the basics:

In your email program, click on "View Settings" (the little gears) at the top left of the screen. When the box comes up, click on "Other Settings." That will bring up a box that will enable you to change the font size and type throughout your email program. You can adjust the font size for the columns and rows in your message list, the font size in your message preview, the font size within your emails, etc. -- all separately.

-----------

If you want the fonts everywhere on your computer to be larger, I'll have to explore that issue. 

• Morning all:

Diane: Thank YOU! Also for the e-mail about it. Will check all that out - and it makes perfect sense.   I think I was just confused by the  new computer and forgot the basic "how to's"  Not to mention I need new glasses anyway.  Currently using old computer and will futz with the new one later.

Heather: I'm a bit horrified that I cook OH enough stuff to keep him going but come back to some of it still in fridge with him insisting it will be good for another couple of dinners.  :-(  I'm not sure he'd notice if it started moving.

Karen: Forgot to thank you as the person who clued us in to EJ's return.  :-)

Lindybird: Welcome home.

OG: Grandkids spat was over and done with within minutes.  G/daughter had spilled water on her phone and  had put it in some rice to dry out, but a rice kernel had become lodged in the charging port. She was banging it (!) against the kitchen counter and bro and I both shrieked in horror. She got defensive and huffed off; he shouted after her that it was stupid to bang the phone.  Daughter shushed him (nicely) and he stomped off.  I got a pin out of my tiny sewing kit and dislodged the rice; phone was fine; end of drama. Then I was recruited to sew button on g/daughter's uniform.  Kids!   Yes, hope nobody bristling at your family gathering.  As Terry Thomas used to say "What a shower!"  Have a safe trip.

More tidying/sorting today, then must go to the gym....

Back later - and thanks again Diane. Where would we be without your tech savvy...  :-)

• Annette: No worries. I hope I didn't sound condescending. I was just trying to be very clear. I have to renew my driver's license by my birthday in August, and I know I'm going to need new glasses. Dangity, dang, dang...

Hello to everyone!