Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 31 December 2017

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

We begin the year with a Full Moon on the night between Monday and Tuesday. This Full Moon is also a so-called Supermoon, because it will occur just hours after the moon reaches perigee (its closest point to Earth in its monthly orbit). 

I cherish you all, and I wish you a joyful, peaceful, healthy, and fulfilling 2018! Thank you for being my friends. 

• Lindy, I love your resolutions. I am not even going to try to make any,

No. 2 definitely 'rings a bell' and OH is always telling me to stop, (although he has been known to do it himself)!

On a lighter note, I also like white wine, preferably with bubbles in it.

• Oh, yes, white wine preferably.  I do drink red, but it can give me a headache.

So, this morning, when we quickly tidied up and got ready to receive visitors, we put out both red and white wine as well as coffee cups. My Friend and her OH came, together with an old friend of theirs who was staying with them.  She requested red wine when asked what she'd like, and I assured her that she did not have to have a cup of tea, like my Friend. So as to be friendly, and make her feel comfortable, I also had about an inch & a half of red wine in my glass, topped up with lemonade.....  when it came to refills, she had another red wine but I just had more lemonade. However ------ ------  after they had left, and we had a small nut of cheese for lunch...... Then I felt terrible, I just wanted to put my head on the table! Alcohol in the daytime makes me want to sleep!

I sat on our sofa, and shut my eyes.  The phone rang, twice. The dog barked at something.  I dozed a little, then gave up: I hadn't really slept, I felt terrible, and it was now 4.30pm and I'd got nothing done all day! Argh!

• Lindybird said:
    I will listen to people more.  I can be Jekyll and Hyde about this, as I either seem to sit in the corner, quietly saying nothing, or once I get started, I can waffle on for hours.

You have my sympathy here.  Once I start talking it's like the floodgates have opened!

Lindybird said:
     I will not come onto the Internet intending only to write for five minutes, then spend an hour or two surfing......

I know that feeling!!

You're a wonderful human being, Lindy.  Don't forget that.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• PS - glad my resolutions made you smile. I could write lots more, LOL!!

• Clare --  you came on whilst I posted.   I'm just human. Full stop.   :-)

• Good to hear from OG. I do miss her comments.

I decided not to waste time with NY resolutions. I already have several years’ worth unresolved!!!

OH took my advice & checked lunch place websites To discover that one of his favourites was open this week. (Most cafes in Adelaide close for 1 or 2 or 3 weeks after Ch-mas. Too bad for tourists.) So he has been out. My back is behaving and I am managing small doses of the not so vital chores. Alas, weather heating up again, 41 C by Saturday. Too hot for photog.

• Evening all:  Been busy here; have done massive clean out so feeling like I actually know what we've got in drawers/boxes.

Diane: Do hope you're keeping warm. I gather the east coast is really going to get clobbered this weekend, but don't think you'll get too much backwash from it.

AQ: I don't make NY resolutions, but I do make daily To-To lists.

I gather the UK is also getting clobbered weatherwise.  We had a tiny sprinkle late this afternoon that got everyone excited. A more definitive change in the weather pattern is expected next week, perhaps with some real rain!  Good to hear that OG is safe from storm surges.

Anyway, off to bed.  Take care everyone.

• Good Morning, All.  Don't know what the weather's doing here, it's still dark. A cold weekend has just been forecast. Nearby big town from here had over 500 households without power after the strong winds recently.

Glad to hear that your back is improving, AQ. Hope it continues.

Annette - You're certainly on a roll with the clearing out! I'm hoping you'll inspire me, as I really must do some.

Just seen Andy Murray on TV as he's pulled out of another major tournament. Talk of his not ever being able to play again, what a shame that would be.

• Here's today's pic:

Think it said these were called Tree Warblers....

• I Googled Tree Warblers to check, and apparently they're mostly European birds, and are greenish on their backs with cream undersides.