Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 3 December 2017

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MONTH and HAPPY FULL SUPERMOON!

I hope everyone has a wonderful week. Sunday is the Full Moon, and it's a so-called Supermoon (the full moon near lunar perigee). 

Here's a Cooper's Hawk like Annette has in her garden. I thought of her when I saw this photo.

Cooper's Hawk
Seedskadee National Wildlife Refuge, Wyoming USA
U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
Photo labeled Public Domain (Copyright-Free)

• Clare, I do like the Johnny Mathis song. Thanks. I also like 'Little Drummer Boy.'

Guess I like the old ones.

ForestBoar,  Hospital departments are not very 'joined up'. I have found that you have to work at it.

I cannot complain about emergency care, though. I have  had some  very good experiences with my OH.

Hope all goes well for both of you, and best wishes.

Annette, I had thought it was you who wrote about Rebecca Louise  Law. I was interested then.

AQ,  That made me smile! I will think of your story when next in M&S (tomorrow). It might make it more bearable.

• Sorry, Lindy. Forgot to say thanks for your latest cruise pics.  Also the info. Very helpful, as I think I mentioned that we are going on a cruise in January.

We also have a black and white evening. I look terrible in black. White is not a good look for me, either. I only wear it for bowls.

I am working on the shoes!

• Black not a good colour for me either. Personally I think it should be for uniform and funerals only.  Remind me Rosy, where will your cruise take you?

• dibnlib said:
    One of my favourite Christmas songs is "The Little Drummer Boy". You don't seem to hear it very often now.

One of the oddest duets ever - but didn't Bing Crosby and David Bowie sound great together?  That's on my Christmas compilation.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Lindybird said:
    The Pogues "Fairytale  of  New  York"  - love it!

Ditto.  Especially the original version with the rude lyrics!  Every so often I'll be out and about and I'll hear the sanitised version - yuk, yuk, yuk.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Unknown said:

Sorry, Lindy. Forgot to say thanks for your latest cruise pics.  Also the info. Very helpful, as I think I mentioned that we are going on a cruise in January.

We also have a black and white evening. I look terrible in black. White is not a good look for me, either. I only wear it for bowls.

I am working on the shoes!

I did consider wearing one of those black blouses with a white floral print - the overall effect is not as harsh as black on its own. Thankfully, I already owned some uncrushable black wide legged trousers to wear with my white blouse, and some comfy black sandals which I had worn at our sons wedding, ditto a small black clutch bag. It's always a problem having enough "dress up" clothes when you're restricted by suitcase space. I have quite a few pairs of evening trousers in useful basic colours - green, grey, beige etc. They can look different when worn with different tops, so one pair can double up several times.

Some ladies wore grey tops as a nod to the black and white theme. I think you could also cheat with a silver top!!

• LINDY     So sorry to hear yet more sad animal news, and even more so when the dog isn't getting on in years.

• Thanks, Dibnlib.  I'm sure they'll be out in the New Year, looking to give another dog a new home, as they're never without one for long.

• Morning all:  

ForestBoar:  Thanks for keeping us updated on the news in your corner of the world. Take care and good luck with "new" normal.

Clare:   Oh just call me a Grinch when it comes to "popular" Xmas music.    :-)

Lindybird: Gosh, wonder what the problem was with relatives' dog.

Rosy:  I say break tradition and wear whatever color you like to the Black & White dinner - or at least a scarf of shawl in your favorite color.  

Taking my cranky self off to inspect the irrigation  :-)

• Unknown said:
    Oh just call me a Grinch when it comes to "popular" Xmas music.    :-)

Hmmmmmmm............you might like to try this link, then.  It might be a little more up your street.