Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 10 September 2017

HAPPY NEW WEEK! 

I hope everyone has a wonderful week. 

When I was young, I spent a lot of time on the Gulf coast of Florida. My then-husband had family there. I so loved watching the Gulf wildlife. Tonight, the area where I explored the wild is under a mandatory evacuation order. It's expected to be hit hard by the massive Hurricane Irma. (For perspective: Irma is bigger than France.) My thoughts are with the people and the wildlife throughout the southeast U.S.

Manatee, Crystal River National Wildlife Refuge, Florida USA
U. S. Fish and Wildlife Service
Photo labelled Public Domain (copyright free)

• Thanks, Annette - I feel better now I've got that off my chest, LOL!!

• I think I shall have to call off the intended replies - very tired after visiting physio, but much encouraged.  She has renewed some of my equipment to make walking more comfortable on my arthritic wrists.  Got specific exercises for my former "good leg" - which is now officially 25% weaker than the "bad leg"!  Seeing her again in two weeks - feeling encouraged, but tired after  a lot of walking.

Good to see so many posts on here - sudden increase over last two days!  Thanks, everyone.

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• Good that you're feeling encouraged, OG, and that the Physio was able to change your equipment.

My Friend is always tired out after her physio sessions, it takes a lot out of you.

I'm off to bed early, it's been a busy day. Going to finish packing tomorrow (then I'll tell you all how many pairs of shoes I've packed!)

• AQ      I love that window. Have fun on your next travels. I look forward to the pictures.

Hope you managed to catchup on your sleep, Diane. Insomnia is not pleasant.

OG    Glad you had a good visit to the physio, even if rather tiring.

Lindy,    Love the poem. I am sure it could apply to many of us.

Should we all have a guess at the shoe count? I am going for six pairs. I do not know how long you going for, so hope that will be enough.

Heather,  I can see why you could do without so many fruit trees, if they cause you so much concern. You do not need that. Aren't machine washable slippers brilliant?

Only went out to M&S today. Did not see anyone i know, so did not manage to sort the world!

• Rosy: I'm bettingon four pairs of shoes for Lindybird.  One comfy for stairs; one high heels for formal dinners; one pair of sandals and another pair for -  hmmm - just in case!

• Will our predictions affect the number/choice of shoes Linda packs? LOL. What I want to know is how heavy is her luggage.

That reminds me - I have booked next year's interstate bus trip, 8 days in Albury just across river in NSW, with day trips around nearby Victoria. We are expected to be able to deal with our own luggage, also be able to walk 4 km. Since they don't specify a time limit for 4 km, I blithely tick the 'yes' box. Our leader is our usual tutor and I know his trips are leisurely.

.In case I miss the gadabouts next week - here's wishing Linda, Annette and anyone else travelling a safe & enjoyable trip.

• Good Morning, All.  Dry here.

Great to hear that you've booked a long trip for next year, AQ :-) Thanks for your good wishes.

We are going from Southampton, so no planes, and no weight restrictions.  The instructions on luggage say "You can bring as much as you can comfortably fit into your cabin" which made my OH turn pale........ On the other hand, we may have to manhandle it from our car on our own, so can't go mad. I am, however, planning on getting more into the cases by having a separate bag containing just our shoes, two evening bags, and some toiletries.....

Even I don't know how many pairs of shoes I'll take, so we'll have to wait and see.....