DAILY UPDATE ~ Loch Garten nest ~ Saturday, 15 July 2017

Yesterday was a day of mixed fortunes for EJ.

Downside - CT6 and her partner are treating the nest as their own and successfully defending it (CT6 having last done so late last evening).

Upside - EJ appears to have accepted a spotty-necklaced male (who may have been an occasional visitor for the past couple of months), even allowing him to join her in the Love Tree.

I'm only calling him Spotty as a temporary, distinctive ID - if there are objections to that, maybe we could call him SU, to match up with MU, PU, etc, tho Spotty seems fonder, in view of his apparent 'rescue' of EJ and prospective status ;-)  (Has he brought her a fish yet, tho?!)

I've spent the past couple of hours wading thru unringed males trying to make sense of them and my head is in a spin.  The varying picture angles, blurring on movement, and resolutions (often very low) make it impossible to differentiate a lot of the time.

One thing is certain - whatever plays out here for the rest of this season, the future of this nest won't be decided until next season, when who knows who may... or may not... turn up!

IMAGICAT