Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 21 May 2017

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a wonderful week.

Yellow Warbler, Trustom Pond National Wildlife Refuge, Rhode Island USA
U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
Photo Labelled Public Domain (Copyright Free)

• See you and EE are as busy as ever, OG! Good that the fencing is now complete.

Annette - Must be satisfying to know that the whale count was good this year. I could do with taking up something to help my balance, which seems to have left me. Enjoy your OHs birthday.

Sad ending to the LG story this year, but these birds live precarious lives: I live in hope that Odin may yet reappear on the scene.

Cloudy but warm here: we drove down the coast to Nefyn (a famous tiny village with a large curving beach) and climbed down the steep cliff steps. Bonnie enjoyed chasing seagulls, who looked at her disdainfully, and then she found some doggy friends to run around with. We sat on a wall and admired the boats and the view. I managed to get a mobile signal and rang my Friend, who is flying to Rome tomorrow to join her cruise.

The sun came out late afternoon when we were back at base. We both had a snooze after enjoying all that fresh air! Just had ham omelettes made with the left over ham from a joint we had at the weekend. Plus a good panful of stir fry veg.

We're staying here until Wednesday, which is just as well as we havn't arranged for anyone to water our flower tubs and it's going to be a heatwave soon, according to the weatherman!

• I hope all of my friends in the UK are safe and unharmed. My thoughts are with you all. I hope there will be no more violence.

• Ghastly business in Manchester....   :-(

• Good morning, all

Yes, just awful news. Can't find words, sorry.

I'm off to Elgin this morning, back this evening.

• Morning, Everyone. A very sad day.

I heard that there had been an 'incident' as I went to bed last night. At midnight, they reported on the BBC website that there had been deaths, so I wondered how many, when I got up this morning. Sadly, so many of them were very young teenagers. 

Heartwarming stories of people rushing in to help those who were unable to get home afterwards, as the train stations were closed.

• It's a dry day here, and we're off out later on a coffee/shopping expedition. Then a little housework is required as there are no cleaning elves here, a source of regret to me.

Bonnie is gazing out of the windows at the blackbirds, and chewing on a bone we bought her. She's much calmer now and more used to coming here as part of her routine.

• Praying for Manchester and all with connections there.

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• Back later.

• Everyone busy?

LINDA - sounds like a lovely day for you yesterday - walking and relaxing.  Sorry you have to do HW before you leave!  I hope the garden flowers will be okay when you get home - I assume someone is looking after the allotment.

HEATHER - I hope you are enjoying your time with the young family in Elgin.

Young Starlings have now become very noisy - often unaccompanied by adults and quarrelling over food - counted over 40 young this morning!

• Having a warm day here, after all. It's been over 25 degrees according to our kitchen thermometer, even though it was predicted to be 15 degrees max. today. Enjoyed our walk, having seen two young colts with their mothers in a field, gambolling around with all the excitement of young animals. Had our coffees in a garden centre garden, amongst the already blooming flowers which were so pretty.

40 young starlings must be noisy, OG!!  My OH has a good neighbour at the allotment who waters our crops. We pay him back with produce later on in the season. Don't know how my tubs will be, as they were well watered when we left, plus it rained for a couple of days.

EDIT:  Just noticed that my tablet had the young colts "gambling" which conjures up a picture of them sitting around a table,, cards in hand/hoof!! 

Hope that Heather has enjoyed her time in Elgin, and everyone else is having a good day, too.