Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 5 March 2017

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

My trees are budding out already! Spring is arriving three weeks early this year in my area, according to the scientists.

I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

Western Tanager
Seedskadee National Wildlife Refuge, Wyoming
U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service Photo
Labelled Public Domain (Copyright Free)

• Heather: Thanks for the update.  Any news on when OG might be heading home? Seems like Lindybird is due back soon..

Clare: My friend here in SB has won several photo competitions using something called "painting with light." It involves - at least from what I gather - multiple exposures where the light source is moved from one place to another. She took a lovely nighttime shot of a huge tree in a park near us where her OH moved the equipment while she shot the photos. She's very creative (and also really into genealogy) and has just published a book for her adult children using the same technique depicting family "heirlooms" (tools, everyday household items) used by various recent ancestors on one page with a brief biography and photo of the individual who used the item on the facing page. Makes me feel hopelessly clueless and dull!

Off to organize myself and pop an ibuprofen for the creaky bits...

• Had a VERY interesting day today,  my youngest stepdaughter comes across on Fridays. She will only drive automatics and guess what ours is!!! We went to one of our favourite pubs across the Forest and I was a back seat passenger Yeah for a break!!

• I can imagine your journey..

My son in sin comes from Cinderford and have had  a few trips in that area even though they are based in Bath now.

• Good evening, all.

Had a lovely afternoon at Minsmere - click on these two punks to see more:

Yes, I wish they'd come closer as well!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Unknown said:
    My son in sin

LOL!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• But he is and has been for 14 years..

Each to his own but I would wish it was different..

• Good morning, all.  It looks like being another dry day here so we're going shopping this morning and then rewarding ourselves with a trip to Abberton this afternoon.  Perfect, especially if a suitable migratory bird makes an appearance!

I saw the first three martins of the season here on Thursday afternoon - they whizzed past much too quickly to get a snap of them but the short forked tails were unmistakeable!

• Thank you Heather for your updates about OG and EE. It good that she is feeling more herself once more.

Have a lovely day at Abberton, Clare. I have only been once but enjoyed the walk around the immediate reserve and the circular walk to ?Layer Breton where we saw a good selection of birds. It will be interesting to see whether any of the nest platforms prove attractive to a passing pair. Fingers crossed!

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/

• Good to catch up with everyones news.   Swam 52 lengths this morning, haven't done that many for ages.  It is a nice afternoon and will be taking Benson for his pm walk soon. We will settle down to watch the "Calcutta Cup" later on with each supporting different sides.

• Good evening, all.  I hope everyone has had a good day (though I am thinking about Chris, Billie and Heather on her sniffly sabbatical!).  We had a lovely afternoon at Abberton - and we also stopped at Mistley Quay on the way home.  I'm about to go through 611 photos - there was just so much to snap at!