WEEKLY CHAT (non-osprey) SUNDAY DECEMBER 4, 2016

Where did the year go!

Off out - back later.  

• After a frosty start, another lovely sunny day here, but felt quite cold. A foggy night forecast.

Thanks to Annette for starting the week. The years do certainly seem to be flying by. It has been quite an eventful year for our family.

Diane, Take care of yourself. Always glad to hear from you, but only when things are right for you.

Heather, Pleased to read that you have managed some 'me time'. Hope the doctor will be able to put your mind at rest tomorrow.

Dibnlib, i will have a look at the pics.

Linda, More books. LOL I thought you had  been having a good clear out.  

• Not MY books, Brenda!  My OH bought them, then I pointed out that he might have already asked for those particular ones for Christmas, on his Request List for our children...... <slaps forehead with palm>

He's hard enough to buy for, once he got all the gardening tools he needed, plus plenty of golf tees, gloves etc......  He always says he has enough clothes, too.

But he does still read 'real' books, as he won't have a Kindle. I read on mine, but am also working my way through some of the paperbacks I had put away ' to read someday'.

Pleased to see that both the lovely Louise and the clever Claudia have got through on Strictly. It's been a good year for some impressive dancing from all of the contestants. But I expect it's a forgone conclusion that Danny will win it.

• Watched “Strictly” – sure it was the right and inevitable result.  Last week disappeared among recovering from weekend, medical appointments and general being busy.  Went to church this morning and today has felt more normal – to the extent I even know which day it is.  I saw my GP on Friday and she gave me a good check-up, partly due to this persistent cough; she thinks it is at least partly due to medications affecting the lining of my lungs and throat, but wants me to have an X-ray this week to be sure – don’t know which day yet.

Annette – thanks for starting the week – looks as if you are rushing about again – do take care!

Diane – take your time about getting back to “normal” on here – we all understand what a bad time you went through.

AQ – hot and humid sounds really uncomfortable – don’t push yourself over presents – still three weeks to go!

Linda – only very slight frost here this morning – and more wonderful sunshine.  We decided against several Christmas fairs this weekend (or “Fayres”, as they insist on using on posters); decided we would be spending money on things we didn’t want and exposing ourselves to various bugs we could do without!  I love Apple Cake of any nationality – always tastes so fresh.

Dibnlib – agree about stunning photos this week – wonderful sunrises and sunsets, and a mix of urban and rural subjects.

Heather – pleased you got time out, and I expect your OH probably enjoyed some different company too.  Have read your posts about him, and it seems you are getting a lot of the much-needed help and advice.  Hope the GP visit goes well for you.

Brenda – I do hope things will quieten down for your family after this year; I assume your Son and his wife will be staying in the UK till after the festive season, which will be nice for you.

I have been putting finishing touches to Christmas cards – sticking in the message inserts.  I even pinned OH down yesterday to go through the list with me and make sure everyone is included – now need to print the labels for envelopes.  We have agreed our date for putting up our trees and decorations one week before Christmas – apart from a new one I bought at RSPB Loch Leven last week because it wasn’t worth putting it away!  Going to start baking tomorrow – Mince Pies to start with.

That’s all from me – have a good week, everyone – and special thoughts for Margo tomorrow.

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• Dibnlib - looked up the Scotland pictures and they're indeed good - loved the tartan sheep, and the otter pic is stunning. We adore the varied and dramatic scenery of Scotland and were only talking about it the other day, as it's a long time since we were there.

• Thinking of dear Margo today {{{HUGS}}}

My C-shopping less than successful. For a start some items I’d seen on suggestion lists had been snaffled by others over the weekend. Darn. Then the particular lipstick Miss20 had listed wasn’t in suburban store. Now I’ll have to try in city. That’s assuming it is not a discontinued line. Ho hum. I started my C-mas letters but my news for this year is rather gloomy.

• Evening/morning all!  Today got away from me; tomorrow I'm out early and will catch up later.

Very best thoughts for Margo....

• Good Morning. Frosty here again, but warmer temps promised for the rest of this week.

AQ - Good Luck with the shopping. I'm still waiting for some people to tell me what they'd like, otherwise I would be all done already! Think I'll start wrapping what presents I do have bought already. Meanwhile, I'm behind with the Christmas card writing. ........grr.

Thinking of dear Margo today.

• Good morning, all.  No time for individual replies – sounds as if Christmas preparation is well underway in various households this week!  Now off to tackle those mince pies!

• Mince pies made - and tested!  Card labels printed.  Doing well.

• Hello all

Freeeeezing cold today! BY UK standards, anyway!

Thing on chest will be excised and biopsied.

Started thinking about writing Christmas cards.

I think that OG and LINDY are conspiring against me. One of them made me crave hot sausage rolls and the other has made me want a mince pie.