WEEKLY CHAT (non-osprey) SUNDAY NOVEMBER 13, 2016

Look back at last week for Lindybird's lovely Remembrance Day poem and related posts.

Veteran's Day was yesterday here, but there were some events today judging by the various planes that flew in formations along the beach.   

Best thoughts to all this week..

• Lindybird said:

Something else to make you smile....

Awwwwww!  They are gorgeous, Lindy!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• HEATHER    Happy birthday yesterday, great you received flowers and a lovely poem from LINDY too   Do hope things improve for you both.

Thanks for everyones get well wishes. I had hoped to swim today, esp after having to miss yesterday, but think I would have ended up swallowing the water what with all the sneezing.

ANNETTE   good idea for gifts, hope things do not turn out as badly as you are thinking.

Think I will get on with my jigsaw this morning. It is one my S in L passed on to me and not one I would have chosen. It is a Victorian Christmas scene and I prefer bright funny jigsaws. This one will go to charity when I have finished it.

• A fine bright and cold day, here.

DIBNLIB - hope that you feel better, soon. Jigsaw sounds about right for today. keep warm.

Bjane - I'm lost in admiration and amazement about what you are doing.  

AQ - I found books, also, up in the attic. I was looking for something else entirely when I spotted them. I need OG to whip me into shape. Our loft is not very crowded but almost everything up there should not be there.

ANNETTE - A Facebook friend posted a 'message' saying that DT had got his first three horsemen - now looking for the fourth...

Thanks to all for birthday wishes.
  • Heather, So sorry I missed your birthday yesterday.

A very HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY to you.

I guess it could be a family Birthday weekend for you.

• Dibnlib:  A jigsaw sounds a good idea on such a cold day.  You don't say if your snuffles are worse..... I hope its not a bad cold. A Christmas jigsaw should get you in the mood for the festivities, early, LOL!!

Cold but bright here - should I put my towels on the line?  Not sure....

• George, So good to see a post from you. I agree, shopping on the internet can be so useful, if only I knew what I was looking for though. It is S-i-Law's birthday tomorrow and daughter's in December. They have been my priority recently. Having Christmas dinner out is a great idea for the three of you.

Dibnlib, Sorry you have a cold. Hope you get rid of it quickly.

Back later. We have a visitor.

• A CROOKED SANTA

I'm doing my Christmas jigsaw - its not one of my choice.
    I'd rather do one of the autumn leaves, or a choir, singing "Rejoice!"
    I'll keep on battling on with it
    Until the darn things done:
    I've got a sneezy cold again, it really is no fun.

There is a jolly Santa who I've manage to assemble
    He looks a little drunk to me, or else he's trying to mumble.
    Maybe he doesn't like his job - I wouldn't be surprised -
    All those awful children, putting sticky hands upon his thighs.

In the background are some elves -
    They all look rather wicked.  As if they're all
    Enjoying themselves
    By running Santa ragged.

The dainty fairy looks forlorn - 
    She can't find a handsome Prince.
    She kissed a greenish frog one day,
    But she hasn't seen him since!

I'll keep on doing all those bits
    Which go around the edge
    There's something red, there's something green:
    I suppose it might be hedge....

One day I'll lose this nasty cold
    Then I can fling this thing 
    Back into the box and give it away -
    Meanwhile I have to cling
    To the notion that I've nothing else to do -
    Which ignores the housework thing!

• Thanks again for the "get wells". Snuffles are no better, no worse. OH is working and will get me more Lemsips etc when he is out and about.

BRENDA   Good luck with the pressies.

LINDY  You are in fine form, rattling off the wonderful and funny poems. Thank you, the last one really made me smile. I have done well though. As well as the jiggy, I have done the ironing. There was no point in trying to dry the washing outside so it was tumble dried and ironed while listening to a Camilla Kerslake CD. Now back to the jigsaw, then dog walk and tennis.

• Annette- I live in Iowa which has a Republican Governor who, this year, privatized the Medicaid program with no vote from state legislature and very little advance notice. What a mess. Now that the House and Senate majority is Republican we have scant hope that things will improve and can only hope they don't get worse. Am I correct in assuming that California's legislature majority is Democrat?