WEEKLY CHAT (non-osprey) SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 25, 2016

Hope the new week is kind to all...

Lindybird: How distressing for your friends who moved to a town house. My sister and BiL have a lovely house in the country but are thinking they should be closer to services/family - all in Bucks - and are very concerned about the options.

Lynette: Was this your former family home that's listed and has been in limbo for a year? You mention a landlord who went broke....

Hot here these last couple of days and more to come, but still, we've had a nice summer. Got my "project" table in from the garage tonight with an eye to starting on the dreaded sorting and culling of photos taken over the last - um - decade.

It was granddaughter's birthday today. She went out with her coworkers last night but didn't have a great time. She now works with people in detox treatment and apparently saw too many party types throwing back the booze who reminded her of her clients.

Anyway, best thoughts for all for the coming week.

• Good night all - was out at a lunch today with others from church and then been working on the October newsletter, so no catch-up time - sorry!

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• And goodnight from me, too! Very busy day, OH at the audiology clinic, joiners in to check my happiness on a scale of one to ten, stepson and wife here in the afternoon, and I'm still ploughing on with The Great Clean Up following kitchen work. I've just seen an enormous spider scuttle across the kitchen floor. Can they climb stairs?

• I hope not, Heather!  Hate the dratted things!

Hope your OH got on alright at the clinic 

We went out with sis-in-law and Awful Cousin last night. Had a nice meal but poor sis-in-law is already fed up with being told every tiny detail of all the deaths in the family.....plus the dates and times of day.....plus how much Cousin misses them. She (sis-in-law) is someone who Gets on With Things, rather than dwelling on the past and being mournful. They could not be more different.  They came back to us for coffees after, and fussed over Bonnie whilst Cousin asked me for the eighth time how many children we have..... :-(

• Lynette - we have picked the brains of all our friends and relatives as regards what to expect on board. I'm excited now, and looking forward to it, although we are connecting to the ship by flying out with Monarch Airlines who have been mentioned in the News today as being in some financial difficulties. Boo.

• Lindybird said:
    asked me for the eighth time how many children we have..... :-(

I would be tempted to give a different answer each time!

Back later after food shop. A day early as wild weather expected tomorrow.

• Evening all: Lots going on here; will catch up tomorrow.

Lindybird: I bet you're looking forward to that cruise; gave a groan of sympathy for SiL! I see Monarch Airlines is denying any financial issues. Just be sure they stay in business long enough to get you to the ship!

AQ: Re Lindybird's cousin, I can see you're an instigator! :-))

Very hot here again, but temps will drop starting tomorrow.

Take care all.

• Good Morning.  Awoke early so am now 'up & running" already.  My OH has a golf free day, so I have a list of things for him to do!

Hope the heat fades, Annette.  Not conducive to doing much.  My OH had the same idea about the airline - as long as they get us there, we are ATOL protected so another airline would have to get us home again.

• Lindybird said:
    Cousin asked me for the eighth time how many children we have..... :-(

Tell her you produced a litter of puppies instead of children.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Morning, all.

LINDY- That cousin would drive me crazy. She reminds me of a deceased relative who, on his visits from Canada,spent hours reminiscing about Inverness when he was young, before emigrating. He did the same thing when we visited him in Canada. I used to think it was his way of staying in touch with what he always called the Old Country but oh boy, it did get tedious.

OH is a bit brighter since his hospital appointment. He is to get an audiogram soon, depending on degree of hearing loss they may refer him to ENT. I think that his balance is a little better but won't say so because he will disagree! I asked them to put their thoughts in writing since he is struggling to lip read, and they did that. I'm sure they are used to that kind of thing.

A dull day here, but dry.

• A beautiful spring day. I sat on back verandah for a dose of Vit D. This arvo with OH out at nanny duty I attacked more of the pantry cupboard. I ran out of steam before I finished the lowest shelf.