WEEKLY CHAT (non-osprey) SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 25, 2016

Hope the new week is kind to all...

Lindybird: How distressing for your friends who moved to a town house. My sister and BiL have a lovely house in the country but are thinking they should be closer to services/family - all in Bucks - and are very concerned about the options.

Lynette: Was this your former family home that's listed and has been in limbo for a year? You mention a landlord who went broke....

Hot here these last couple of days and more to come, but still, we've had a nice summer. Got my "project" table in from the garage tonight with an eye to starting on the dreaded sorting and culling of photos taken over the last - um - decade.

It was granddaughter's birthday today. She went out with her coworkers last night but didn't have a great time. She now works with people in detox treatment and apparently saw too many party types throwing back the booze who reminded her of her clients.

Anyway, best thoughts for all for the coming week.

• Good Morning, All.  Thanks to Annette for starting us off on a new week. It's quite shocking how much alcohol is considered 'normal' by the young nowadays, and how they seem to measure having a good time by how legless they get.

Lynette - I'm rather confused, too about the house you mention. Is anyone living in it?

• Gosh, quiet on here today.....

Raining when we got up today, after a wet and windy night. The sun has made an appearance now, though. We are "pottering" - my OH has just checked that his suit and shirt look right before packing, then had a big search for a suitable belt...... He has so little so worry about with clothes, compared to me! I find it annoying that I have to chivvy him along, and remember all the little items!

I had a grand trying on session yesterday - I like the present fashion for cropped trousers so will be taking those but only one pair of shorts, for instance. Nice that these days you don't have to rush out and buy film for the camera! Looking forward to sitting down with my Kindle and catching up on some reading.

• Hi LINDY and thanks to ANNETTE -

There is so much I plan to say here, and then forget or don't have time :-(

OH and I have just had the 'let us count our blessings'' conversation. I understand his frustration but he has been very ill tempered and started shouting at me in a supermarket yesterday because I left him alone. We were waiting for an assistant to give information about an item and of course, he couldn't' make out what was said. My fault - yes - for going off for a minute or so to collect something else. However, the way he spoke to me was so out of character for him. All other shoppers were looking and it brought me almost to tears :-(

• HEATHER   that must have been very upsetting for you. I have been through the same as OH can get very impatient, with little reason.

Had a lovely walk round Loch an Eileen this morning. We met an Edinburgh family who had 2 Goldies so I was in my element.  Instead of our usual stop at MC we went to "The Kitchen" in Carrbridge. We both had cauliflower soup which was delicious and very nice brown bread and butter with it. Although this place has been open about 18 months we only spotted it recently when taking Benson to kennels.  It is a very good find and we will eat there again.  There were some nice looking puds on display, inc mixed fruit pavlova and creme brûlée. Highly recommended.

• Thanks, DIBNLIB. So glad that you has a good walk around LanE. Must tell the family about the place in Carrbridge.  

• Hello Everyone,

Thank you for starting the week, Annette. I see you have been busy with your orange tree. I am trying not to feel jealous of your ready supply of vitamin C.

I have just returned from spending a few days in Bristol. There was a nurses reunion organised. I won't say how many years ( but it's a lot). OH and I thought we would spend a few days in Bristol, as he had never visited, except for a day trip.

We looked up all my old haunts and the flat where I used to live. It was still there, and  is now student accommodation. Refuse collection day is not the best time to visit, though!  Bins do not improve the look of a place!

It was great to meet old friends again.We have had reunions every five years since the 35th (told you it was a lot) I couldn't go to the previous one though, as we were in the US visiting our son, so it was ten years since I had seem most people. I am in more frequent touch with four of them. One came from Australia, where she is now living with her daughter.

• ROSY - I trained at Moorhaven Hospital, in Devon (psychiatry). We used to have nurses from Bristol Royal for their psych module. Lovely lilac uniforms and bonnie caps! That would be in the mid sixties.

• Just saying "hello" this evening - great time Friday evening and Saturday all day - tired today, and hurting from having sat still.  Busy week ahead but will attempt a catch up post soon.

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• Good evening, all.  Just got back from a day at the London Wetlands Centre and I'm absolutely knackered.  What a great place....only problem now is sorting through 1,127 photos!  Also met the excellent Chocoholix and Stingray - not to mention Chocoholix Senior.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Overlooking the Wetlands Centre is the Charing Cross Hospital......it has one or two interesting residents:

Click on her to see a few more.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.