Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 28 August 2016

HAPPY NEW WEEK! HAPPY NEW MONTH ON THURSDAY! HAPPY NEW MOON ON THURSDAY, TOO!

Just to cheer everyone: Here are some cute wild raccoons ("trash pandas") that were playing at the Nature Center at the Turkey Run State Park just down the road from me. There are several pics.

Everyone have a wonderful week!

• Last few pics:    I saw these colourful Aliums and gravitated towards them ~  they were alive with bees!!

You could buy a rabbit which didn't eat your precious plants!!

On the way out, I saw these lovely sculptural ornaments:

Two pretty ladies!

The work of this artist:  her piece on the roof of her display!

As we left, we could see the welcome carpet at the entrance which was purple, not red carpet!

Drove through peaceful Tatton Park, to leave, tired but happy!

That's it for this year, I've already made a note of the date for next year, LOL!!

• Thanks, Lindy, for the pictures of the lovely gardens and interesting sculptures. One day I must get to Tatton, my sister and family went last year and enjoyed it.

Glad you are feeling better, and hope that OG is better for her holiday, also that Margo is still enjoying her meals out!

• A late post from me. A cloudy day here, but still dry and cooler than of late.

That you Diane for starting the new week for us. Loved the raccoons.

Pleased that you are feeling much better, Linda. Thank you for your lovely photographs. I know you will have guessed my favourite. The stags are wonderful.

Heather, Best wishes to your daughter, after her house move. No fun for them all, having to do so much cleaning. I sincerely hope that your Son -i-L receives some good news.

Annette, I daren't grow lavender as my OH would be sneezing more than he does now.

So sorry to see the loss of life and devastation in Italy, caused by the earthquake.

Margo, is not feeling great at the moment, Her transfusion is due on Tuesday., after her blood tests and seeing her consultant. A very long day for her.  The high temperatures we have been having, have not been easy for her to cope with either. 

• Brenda - Thanks for news of dear Margo. To be hoped that the transfusion will help, on Tuesday, although it does sound like a very full day.

• Margo: I hope the transfusion will help you feel better!

MaryGK: I see that you're online. The cruise ships Pacific Princess and Serenissima will both arrive in Lerwick Harbour early on Tuesday morning. Folks have been watching orca whales on the Shetland webcams.

Heather: I'm so sorry that your family is facing so much adversity right now. Sending good energy to all.

Hello to everyone.

• Good Morning, and Thanks to DIANE for sending us good energy. I hope things are going better for you, Diane, and your brother is improving.

Sunny and bright here, which is welcome to those working people who have today off as a Bank Holiday. We hope to tidy the garden, and maybe even sit in it, later!

• Good Morning Everyone. The sun is just beginning to glimmer through the clouds. Drizzle overnight,

We will stay away from the roads today. Roads are best avoided on Bank holidays.  

• Good Morning, all

BRENDA - Many thanks for news of MARGO. I hope that she is given a bed again, to make the long day a little easier to bear.

LINDY - what amazing things at Tatton. Thank you for sharing them with us.

DIANE - Thank you for your good wishes. I send the same to you.

The weather is good today so my OH has gone to the bowling green to enjoy the game and the coffee plus chat with his friends. He mentioned the other day that it will be time, soon, to move to the indoor stadium. Where has the summer gone? It really is quite scary the way time flies.

ANNETTE - Youngest daughter sent me pictures of the new house. The kitchen is sparkling clean. Lots of elbow grease required :-) The oven and hob, though, were past redemption. They have had some help from us and also son in law's parents, so new oven, etc and a dishwasher installed. Also a shower cabinet in the downstairs bathroom.

Thanks to ALL for your good wishes for the extended family. I have all fingers and toes crossed!