Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey Topics), 5 June 2016

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

Last week's Chat thread is here.

No time for a post or replies from me, folks. Really, really busy. I'm sending good wishes to all. Heather: I hope your daughter is improving.

Everyone have a wonderful week!

• ANNETTE   I thought Puddletown sounded like a place name in a Beatrix Potter book.

• Good morning every one  See it's going to be another sunny day, and hot not sure what will be up to today potting around. We are having our sofa recovered this august not cause it's old, but problems with the fabric we'd always had rogers parents old sofa and chair since being married. So thought cause the springs were too the ground, even doctor had a shock when sat on it, so thought have some nice velvet will last us the rest of our lives, but 3 years on kept finding the colour of it in dust all around the home and last year l got Blepharitis of the eyes with is Eczema and sore ruinning eyes and can't be cured but controled, so was giving steroids but can't use for long and just cames back, and don't get on with chemicals so, looked for natural help, and found in a book of my a recipe to duite Cider vinager in water to clean around the eyes and then vasaliine to put around the eyes to help with dryness, really helped until aweek or so ago, when got really red so doctor gave me some antibolic cream has helped a lot , but have stopped it now so will go back to cider vinager and see what happens anyway l found out that the fire retardent they use can cause Eczema, so to shorten this the people that are recovering it, took one look and said this velvet is not right, it's chemicals in it are working against each other and the material has wore bad more 20 yrs old than 3 yrs. So have chosen a natural linen fabric and not having fire retardent but putting a barrier of wool linning to do this job.

Annette   love the song you put only know one line of it and have song it to Roger who doesn't know it, so can you tell me if you know anymore words to it. this is what l know---   Nobody loves me, everybody hates me,  l think l'll go and eat some worms,  big fat juicy ones, long skinny-winny ones, O,  how they wiggly and squirm.

Glad you like the angel blue tit, can't remember the name of the film it's from can you or anyone else?  and yes the melon was red inside, l said l'm going in, then got stuck with the knife half way, so a break in the tennis and roger finished it off, sweet to start with then not so much but not bad, more to eat. How the book reading going? any saucy ones!!! yas

Heather  see you are having problems with windows 10 l download it a few days ago because they kept on to us, but striaght away was lost on it and hated but found away on it that you can restore to old windows 7 which is ours so press that and came back the downside rogers lost is documents not a happy bunny. So have a look like a maze don't know how l found the swithch to help you. yas

Dibnlib l said straight away to roger whats murry wearing???   his shorts were terrible couldn't take my eyes off  them. Not that l watch much tennis.

And for all my other friends thankyou for your help and surport yesterday and understanding, hope you got some of your jobs done, and injoyed the sunshine and nature. Have yo make the most of this time of the year. Our gardens getting wilder by the minute.  Bye for now take care from Yas

• PS Annette lf you ever want to see my videos you just need to click on the link at the bottomof my replys there all there, ok take care yas

• Hello all.

ANNETTE/DIIBNLIB/MARGO- when I read MARGO's post I recalled visiting Puddletown, years and years ago. I haven't Googled it yet but seem to remember something - is it Puddletown Martyrs? Perhaps I'm mixing it up with another place.

Going to jump in the shower and then have another look at Windows 10. If all else fails I'll look online for instructions!

Should be the other way around,methinks.

My two new tops fit fine, always a gamble when buying from a firm I haven't used before. I'm old enough to remember when sizes were fairly standard, wherever you shopped. Now they vary even within the same make :-( Sorry, haven't worded that very well, caffeine hasn't kicked in, yet!

BRENDA - so sorry that you haven't been well. Do you think that your immune system was weaker than normal after all the excitement of your family gatherings and then saying Au Revoir to your son and daughter in law? (Not to mention the shock of discovering how expensive a wedding can be, LOL.

Right, really must get on with things. Have to go over to town later and withdraw some cash from the bank, purse is empty!

• Annette Puddletown is just outside of Dorchester. Lots of Dirset villages have unusual names.

• Heather village of Tolpuddle (TolPuddle martyrs) not that far Puddletown either. 

• Thank you MARGO! I should have realized that :-(

YAS:-

Nobody likes me

Everybody hates me

I'm going down the garden to eat worms.

Long thin skinny ones

Short fat furry ones

Lovely gooey gooey gooey worms!

You bite off the heads then suck out the juice

then you throw the skins away -

Nobody knows how I exist on a thousand worms a day!

Well, that is the version we used to sing when I was in the Girl Guides nearly sixty years ago!

• I'm getting there with Windows 10. Haven't asked Cortana (or what it is called) yet, just using my noddle as I can't see why I shouldn't be able to work it out, given time and patience.

• You will heather, l kept messing with it tell l got to something saying, something like to undo,wish l could remember to help you more. Thanks for the words to the song, will just google to see if there's another version. take care Yas

• HEATHER   we had a 'see how they wriggle and squirm" instead of gooey, gooey worms.

BRENDA  hope you are all better soon.