Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey Topics), 5 June 2016

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

Last week's Chat thread is here.

No time for a post or replies from me, folks. Really, really busy. I'm sending good wishes to all. Heather: I hope your daughter is improving.

Everyone have a wonderful week!

• Congrats, OG!    Nice news to have.

I was pleased with my Robin picture, as they both follow me around the garden often, but whenever I have the camera in my hand, they are usually nowhere to be seen.  He was just tweeting away at me, and sitting on an old pot at the bottom of the garden, and I had the camera out to capture some of my flowers.

Had several bangs on the glass windows of the conservatory in the last few days, those poor little baby birds who have just learned to fly don't know about glass yet.  No casualties, though.

Here are some other recent pictures:  The Clematis growing on our archway:

The pretty daisies which shut at night:

The first of my precious poppies:

• Just re-read this thread to see what I've missed.  

Keith:   Nice of you to keep us updated, hope things are not complicated and all runs smoothly.  Never an easy time.

Heather:  Sorry you are both so tired:  we tried to pace ourselves today, with so much to do, and I sat in the cool watching tennis this afternoon! Hope you both feel OK tomorrow.  (just noticed that my OH has fallen asleep in front of the TV!)

OG:  Glad you enjoyed your excursion, and like me, it looks as if you came back with something nice!  Like the sound of that osprey sketch.

dibnlib & Wendy:   Did enjoy the tennis, although I left the room a couple of times and missed a bit of it - at least they were not as hot there as it was here, or they would have had heart attacks!!  Andy did his best, I think, but they are both such good players it could have gone either way.

Yas:  I adore my grandchildren, as I didn't think I would have any..   they all live away from here, but we travel regularly to see them, and sometimes they make it to here, too.  Eighteen months ago both of my dtrs.in. law gave birth within weeks of each other, so the little ones are very near in age.

• Here is my "Husband Advertisement"  on Yas's request!

~~   ~~~   FOR SALE OR SWAP:   ~~  ~~~

One husband, slightly frayed around the edges and with snow on roof, good with dogs, children and golf clubs, likes watching football, playing golf and eating, especially in the sunshine, but won't eat rice more than once a fortnight, or pasta more than once a week.  Can make a good omelette, and produce a roast dinner if his wife keeps an eye on things like timing, but has no idea how to use washing machine or iron.......   Hoovers without moving all the furniture. Never dusts!   Thinks loos clean themselves......  Grows yummy veg in allotment but puts the (dirty) produce straight onto kitchen counter where wife likes to prep food.....    Tries hard not to criticise wife when said woman changes gears in car and drives too fast on motorways.  Is kind and generous with his time, but looks at prices in food shops in disbelief, and is never allowed to see wife's credit card bill!!

Edit:   Thinks clothes are not old if he's had them for more than ten years, and also wonders why they don't fit!  Wears winter shirts in summer and summer shirts in winter......  Hates buying any new ones...so sends wife and then complains that they cost more than when they married over 40 years ago....  Hates buying shoes which he has to, occasionally, as wife can't try them on in shops for him....

• Here are some more pics:

What a dog looks like when its been in a muddy puddle up to its knees.....

How its owner tries to clean it off, in the sea, afterwards......  dog seems to think that they should both go swimming together......

Happily, dog was persuaded to paddle, and owner managed not to get too wet!!

• Evening all: Busy day with all kinds of interruptions. Spoke to sister in Lincolnshire today - they were sitting out in the sun.  Watched part of the French final but Wimbledon is my favorite.

Yas: We also put unwanted items out on the curb sometimes; haven't noticed any husbands yet!  :-)

OG: Congrats on your future change in status! :-))  You are having some nice days out and about.  I'm intrigued by the many ancient, buried sites they're now discovering with the help of satellites.  

Keith: Difficult and busy days for you. Good that your stepdaughter is there to help out when you have so much to take care of - try not to neglect your own health.

Alan: You must be having a lot of fun with the new family - but I'll pass on the caterpillar thank you.

Wendyb: Have fun with the puffins.

Lindybird: Great shots there. Any Bonnie-related calamities in the last few days? Your poppies are so extravagant compared to ours.  Your advert would fit quite a few people I know.  :-)  

Heather: I like feeling tired after a good day in the garden.

Have a good Monday all.

• Good Morning, awake early after a hot night during which I rather tossed and turned. Awoke after a bad dream at 1.00am, and went downstairs in the dark to close a large window I'd left open in spare bedroom. Wonder if I knew subconsciously that I'd forgotten it!

Annette - You sound busy lately.  Still reading good books?

AQ - Sorry to see that bad weather has been striking the East Coast there, and causing casualties. 

Going to potter around today - we need to get quotes on car insurance, as every year they put up the premiums, and every year we ring them up with lower quotes so that we can either stay with the same company, or start all over with a new one [sigh]

• Linda – we too have had several baby birds bang into the windows, but no casualties; maybe, like human babies, their skeletons are more flexible than adults so they can bounce!  Beautiful flower photos from your garden; the summer flowers seem to have started so early after the spring ones this year.  Nice to see pics of Bonnie – she looks so sleek and healthy, even when muddy!  It was a very hot night here too, and already 20 degrees this morning!

We shall be shopping in Morrison’s today, so have promised ourselves lunch at the ice cream farm on the way home.

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• Hi Ladies and Gents l must admit this morning l'm feeling a bit despontent. First let me make it clear it has nothing at all to do with this lovely chat group, l really like you all.

lt's just when l joined this forum in april this year l thought it was about wildlife ect, on the main commuity site, but now it seems it's a game of you scatch my back and l'll scatch yours, what how ever good the photos or topic maybe, or work gone into it.

l took ages last days going out in my wheel chair to get these photos and videos, to my as all ready explain embrassement, took ages down loading the videos to youtube, and yesterday put the post together to make a story, even thou didn't go in the order plained, l kept making mistakes with the long video numbers getting over tried. l gave music to a video, peom. and explained  about the place l went.

But all l got from all of this was two people saying they liked it. l don't expect lots of praise, but we all like to be appreciated. l might has well have just put one picture in or two like l did with the blackbirds prayer had two replys then.

l'm l bad for saying these things? Yas

• YAS - not sure whether it was my failure to find my way around, but I looked for the thread your material might be on and couldn't find it!  Perhaps you could give us a link here, or some direction to it.

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• Oh, Yas - please don't make me feel guilty.  I have just not had time to look at your videos and photos.  There are people on here who lead quite busy lives, in spite of most of us (apparently) being retired, and it just takes too long even to keep up with the chat when there are a lot of us posting.

Right now I should be doing things in the garden which I put off yesterday because it was too hot at the end of the day, and I need to do today before it gets too hot again :-)  Some of my housework has also gone to pot whilst I sat yesterday watching tennis because I was weary.  I post stuff myself which I don't always expect people to read:  long descriptions of our dog doing terrible things, and lots of holiday photos, but I don't expect folks to wade through them if they don't have time.  If I read it correctly, it seems that at present a lot of us on here are particularly busy at the moment what with one thing and another.

You are not "bad" for pointing this out but you must not expect too much :-)

{{BIG HUG}}  

--   I promise I will look at your videos later on, when I have time.  Take Care of yourself.  xx