Weekly Chat (non-osprey) - Sunday 22nd May 2016

Such is the chaos the Ying Tong cyber attack has caused that I only just noticed there was no new Weekly Chat!  I don't know how much opportunity we'll get to post on this new thread but at least we can all curse the perpetrators en masse!

Happy New Week!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Super sunny day...

Feet and hands now up to scratch...

Daisy at boarding school till Wednesday so major lawn and house couple of days before we have our two nights away...

Everyone stay safe keep well and enjoy the nice weather whilst it lasts.

• WENDY- glad your nails are fixed! Yes, we must enjoy the sun. It arrived here about 2pm. I have a lot of planting up to do, hope the weekend weather will be OK.

LINDY- enjoy your fish supper!

OH is stretched out on sofa, he has been busy in the garden. I  had to snatch the stepladder from him at 5pm. He decided to prune a forsythia which had finished flowering. He just doesn't know when to stop:-((

• Great dinner - Old Toll Bar Italian Night!

Hope to make some replies tomorrow - but it does look like gardening weather!

Have a nice weekend, folks - whether home or away!

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• Enjoyed our meal, but after a long wait as of course it's a busy weekend.

OG - Glad you enjoyed your meal out. Hope you can enjoy your weekend, too!

Lynette - Glad your OH can dispense with the bandage, he'll feel a lot better about it now. Sorry you were disappointed with your Glaslyn visit.

Wendy -  Its a real treat to get your nails done, although I've only ever indulged in a pedicure. I was given a voucher for a spa place once, and split it between having my toes done, and having a head & shoulder massage. It was so nice to have smart nails, I went back a couple of times just before going on holidays so that I can show off in my sandals!!

Yas - Nice to hear from you.

Heather - It was a surprise to hear from my brother, and lovely to see his grandchild, but I never get excited about anything to do with him any more, it's been too long. It was nice last year to learn that my Youngest had befriended my niece on Facebook, (and so of course, she is his cousin), so he has had a trickle of news from S.Africa.

• Evening all: Busy but good day here today.

Yas: Haven't 'met' you on here before - so hallo!  :-)  I think things should be okay on the site this weekend.

WendyB: Have fun!

Lindybird: Good that the next generation is keeping in touch. They don't have all our baggage.

OG: Can't imagine what is left to do in your garden.  I bought a Sun Gold tomato plant today - they're so sweet and prolific they'll keep me happy all summer (OH not a big fan of tomatoes).

Diane: Seems like that SpaceX launch was successful from several standpoints. Just looked at their website but video/audio are mixed up. No biggie.....

Have not seen KeithG of late; wasn't he going away?

Hope everyone else is okay.

• Thankyou for your welcome, funny you should show pic's of books l know you talk about all sorts of things, but me and my husband read a lot of books me not being in the best of health it's relaxing, and we have a laugh has he reads in different acsents, read all different types of stories,any reader hear? yas

• Yas: I have six books pile up by the side of my bed as I type; in fact, I'm about to grab one and settle in for the night... I think we've got quite a few readers on here (gardeners too!).

Night all

• Just wondering Annette where abouts do you live,? it's 6.40am in the morning here in Gloucestershire uk yas

• I'm in Santa Barbara, California; was born and raised in Watford, Herts; came to the States back in 1963. Going on for 11 p.m. here (we're 8 hours behind you).  Really am off to bed now so will chat again tomorrow.  :-)

• Thanks Annette sorry for keeping you up, went to your profile after and saw those lovely views, answered my own question, bye for now . yas