Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 24 April 2016

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

Last week's Chat thread is here.

Everyone have a wonderful week!

I'll be back soon to catch up with everyone.

• Lindybird, Yes very quiet here. Clare and some others are busy on the other threads. Much appreciated.

28 C AQ? It seems from your post that this is unusual for this time of year.

Glad that you are having a great time with your sister and B in L, Annette.

Enjoy the next few days. Time flies when visiting family, unfortunately.

I like the sound of your grandson. He seems to get his priorities right.

• Clare Bailey said:

I've lasted for a second day at work......or should I say they've survived another day of me?  Going back for more tomorrow!

Well done, Clare!!   Hope all goes well. Is it far for you to travel?

Hi Rosy!  Was beginning to think everyone else was locked out of the Site ;-D.   Although I have been following the LG and Glaslyn nests today.

• Still quiet....  Anyway, Good Morning, All.

Very cold here: My OH took the dog for her walk and came back saying that the wind is, indeed, Arctic.  We have sunshine, lovely and bright, but I think I'll have to put on my thermals!

• Good morning all

We returned home yesterday afternoon to a very cold Inverness, hail, sleet and snow. Obvious first priority was to get the house warmed up, then off to the supermarket for some fresh food.

I saw that it was quiet on here and had good intentions of 'talking' last evening. Tucked up in bed at a ridiculously early hour I fell asleep, glasses on nose and Kindle lying beside me! First I knew was when OH tried to take my specs off without waking me....

We are both tired but enjoyed our short time away. Sam sent me a text message not long after we left, saying that he was missing me already. How I love that little boy. He had a role in the christening service, well, two things. One was to lift a huge brass jug from the altar to the font and the other was to hold a candle for Bella during the last few minutes of the service. He thought that the vicar was a bit silly because she lit 'his' candle (intentionally) from the Paschal Candle when there was another lit candle nearby which required less reaching. She took the time to explain to him why she was doing that.

Have just heard that my brother caught the train from Plymouth at some unearthly hour this morning - I think about 4.30am. So he will be here around 6.30 ish. Lots to do before then including washing so had better go.

CLARE- Glad that you enjoyed your first day!

• HEATHER  Shrewsbury has been our main shopping centre when OH was an instructor on the Area Radar Training School and again when he was on the examining board and therefor bases at RAF Shawbury. It certainly is a lovely town with lots of character.    I know you are apprehensive about your brothers visit. I do hope your fears are unfounded and that all goes well.

Thirty six years ago today the weather was wonderful, bright blue skies and sunshine. Two days previously the weather had been like this. We want to go to Sutors for our anniversary meal, but as it isn't open on Mon/Tues we will have to wait till Thurs. We will drive home via Chanonry for a dog walk and dolphin watch and see the new facilities there.

We have booked to  go to Amsterdam mid May. For the first time we booked ourselves instead of going through a travel agent....what a saving!!!. We had hoped to fly from here but the Inv flights have been delayed till July. We will fly from Edn and drive down the previous day, see Mum and hopefully my cousin and stay overnight in a travel lodge. It is 8 weeks since my cousin had her 2nd leg amputated and she is still in hosp and her OH is not happy as she does not seem to be getting the intensive physio promised.

To our surprise Benson has gone for his walk. It is damp and he looked as if he had almost dug himself into his bed and was going to stay there. It didn't seem worth both of us getting into our wet weather gear as we were convinced it wouldn't be needed.   I am off to get my haircut in 30 mins and a dental check up this afternoon, oh what fun.

Yesterday I booked for 2 things at event cinema. "The Audience" with Helen Mirren in June and Andre Rieu in July. I am taking OH as a birthday gift and a friend is coming with us.

• Nice to hear that you had such a lovely family time, Heather. Now you'll have to buckle down to mundane things and get going before your brother descends!

dibnlib:   Happy Anniversary!  We often end up having a special meal on a different day - its worth it if there's somewhere you love to go to.  Hope that you enjoy it, plus the dog walk, on Thursday.

The Amsterdam trip sounds good:  we book our own flights when possible and it is not too difficult.  Sorry about your poor cousin, and her OH - they must be miserable and both tired and stressed over all this. 

Its hard to realise that it's already nearing the end of April - let's hope that during May things warm up a bit!  Went out to the bird feeders and wished I'd put my coat on.....

• Happy anniversary from me too, DIBNLIB!!

Now that you have booked your own trip, you won't look back. I always deal directly with hotels and airlines these days.

Hailstones dancing merrily on the roof at present, it can't be very warm on the nest at LG....

My brother has apparently travelled with a fleece top on under a short leather jacket :-( Perhaps it is only people who live in the Highlands who go nowhere without a hooded rainproof jacket.

• My friend completed the marathon and got her medal. So far she has raised £1800 plus giftaid for the euro foundation. Coincidentally we bumped into OHs hairdresser and her partner in Tiso today and they were just back from the marathon. Turns out they know my friend and despite the huge crowd saw her at the start and during the run. Beware, everyone knows everyone up here!!!

• OH saw 2 deer in the woods this morning, Benson didn't.

• DIBNLIB - I was a patient in the gynae ward, old Raigmore, many years ago. I have never forgotten how my fellow patients, from all areas of the Highlands, either knew, or knew of, folk from the entire catchment area. Meaning, from the very far North, down the west coast and across to the east. I just used to listen in amazement, to the chat. In those days, the whole area was like one big village! From what you say, not much different nowadays.