Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 27 March 2016

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY EASTER (to those who celebrate the holiday).

Last week's Chat thread is here.

Everyone have a wonderful week.

• Diane: Good the storms missed you.   I see the Russian supply rocket is safely on the way to the ISS.

Lindybird: Are you gargling with salt water and all that good stuff?

• Good Morning Everyone. A lovely sunny morning, with an early slight frost.

Linda, I hope all was fine with your Welsh home, after all the winter storms. Look after yourself and that sore throat.

Diane, So pleased that the storms weren't as bad as predicted. Do enjoy your weekend.

OG, Sorry we didn't hear from you on your Birthday, which must mean that you really  are still feeling so bad. I am sure that your 'boys' are looking after you :-)) Take care. X

Back later. I need another drink.

• Good Morning. Wet here in the night, and still raining now: forecast is for a wet day but we knew that so are not disappointed. Apparently it was very wet & windy here over Easter, and a lot of folks went home early. Everything here seems to be fine, the only damp is on top of a fabric stool which I am going to dry out well, then brush.  Damp is often a problem when caravans are left empty, as they're not as well insulated as homes. We were able to open all the windows yesterday in the sunshine which was good.

Glad to see that Diane is OK and the storms have passed by.

Feel better, OG!  Thinking of you.

(I am about the same, but sneezing occasionally, rather a strange one, this.)

• Can't remember when I last slept (OH was snoring through his cold before mine started) - now I'm waking at least half-hourly with the cough.  Sat most of yesterday, with a bit of moving about indoors to keep the joints and muscles moving - everything hurts.  Brain decidedly fuzzy, and very difficult trying to motivate OH to think of meals for tomorrow because we shan't be out as planned.  He's now shopping and J is spring-cleaning his room.  OH used yesterday's unexpected time at home (gorgeous weather) to sort out the grasses bed at the front.  Today is dull - just how I feel!

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• Sorry OG. You do sound bad. You are not somebody, who usually complains. Maybe you should have yourself checked by the GP.

• But, as usual, it's Friday - and I shall probably be okay by Monday!

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• True, OG. I was thinking of you getting an appointment this afternoon.

• OG: Hope you feel better very soon!

• What a pity, OG, that you have caught the virus. Difficult to avoid, though, when OH and J have been unwell. I hope that you will feel better soon and that EE will work wonders in the kitchen!

Also hoping that MARGO is doing OK and has managed to spend some time out of bed again, today.

LINDY - I bet that Bonnie is enjoying her holiday! I thought of her today, I was reading the newspaper and there was an article about destructive dogs and how to deal with them. It started with a tale about the author coming home and finding that his Springer had ripped up the hall carpet and dragged it into the living room :-(

Was busy this morning and then our usual Friday supermarket trip. Well, I shop, and OH wanders over to town, hoping that I will have finished by the time he returns.

The fencing man is busy digging up the old posts. He is working perilously near to our camellia and several other things which are planted on that side of the front garden. OH told neighbour that he didn't want a fence with a curvy top. She wasn't happy, walked away, saying 'Whatever....'

• Morning all: Spent all morning yesterday scrubbing out the fountain and cleaning gunk out of various tubes and connecting bits. Now it sounds like Niagara Falls again.  Also managed to mend some lovely chimes that fell apart a few months ago (the cord from which the metal tubes hung disintegrated). I did it with fishing line (don't ask) I found lurking in the garage. Rather pleased with myself as I had to use a needle to thread the line through the holes in tubes and then the frame. 

OG: Oh yuck. Sounds like that bug has hit you full on. And yes, of course things are always worse on Fridays when no doc appt. likely. That fuzzy-headedness is something I got too, which made the simplest things impossible to tackle efficiently. The cough sounds familiar -. I've only just started sleeping without two pillows. Hope EE finally got inspired regarding meals.  I lived on soup for a few days and poor OH got various bits and bobs mostly accompanied by peas.

Lindybird: Glad not too much damp at caravan and hope sun comes out soon.

Brenda: Had to smile at "Back later. I need another drink."  I'm assuming that's tea or coffee and not gin at 8:59 a.m. Or was your day really off to that bad a start?  :-))

Heather: Hope curvy topped fence not at the top of neighbor's choices. :-)  Also hoping to hear that Margo is on the mend...

Haircut this morning, then quick trip to nursery to pick up two plants. I'm having our friendly neighborhood garden person plant them when he brings some sacks of redwood chips over next week to mulch the soil. I didn't do it last year and since we're still in a drought, plants will be in survival mode again.

EDIT: Had to add that OH and I had a good laugh last night when CBS news went to Trump's mother's home town (Stornoway?) to ask locals what they thought of Trump and one man replied they felt "an irrational sense of guilt, thinking 'What have we spawned?'"  They don't like all his bragging either..