Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 20 March 2016

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY SPRING EQUINOX!

Last week's Chat thread is here.

Everyone have a wonderful week!

• Finally, a shot of Ms. D taken on recent visit to Arizona. She's connecting dots on the kiddie menu (serious business!)  :-)

• Lovely pics, Annette!  Dry here, so hopeful of a good day. Have a nice Easter weekend, All.

• Have a good journey, Linda and enjoy your time with your family.

• Good Morning Everyone. A dry, cloudy morning, with strong winds and rain later.

Just heard from son and his wife, who had been for a 60 mile bike ride earlier. I guess they see more of Bali that way. I told him that I had managed to walk down the stairs this morning. LOL.

Annette, Wonderful photographs. I would love to see it all for myself. Ms D is an adorable little girl.
    Your arrangement for the house cleaning sounds ideal. If you have found a good person, it will be worth holding on to her.
    Best wishes to your granddaughter. She sounds very organised and obviously has very good friends.

Have a lovely day, Everybody.

• J out, OH busy fitting new towel rail, I have done my tasks and started preps for tomorrow’s lunch to be ready after church.  Weather dreich, but calmer than forecast suggested.

Linda – nice bird pics – do they have Curlews wherever you were, or is it a look-alike cousin?

Annette – good solution re house-cleaning!  Hope you are not being too busy this weekend.  GD’s move sounds complicated with the menagerie in tow, but it sounds like she had a lot of help from some good friends – and her Mother!  I loved those photos from Los Angeles; looks a lovely area to explore old buildings.  Miss D still looks delightful; wonderful look of concentration!

Brenda – your Son’s bike ride sounds exhausting, but I suppose with no run or swim turning it into triathlon it was just a short outing for him!

Church service for Good Friday was very good – church had been arranged for a school visit, so we followed the work that had been done with the children – a sort of cut down version of the Stations of the Cross.  Then the men had to rearrange the furniture for Easter Sunday Communion, which will be “in the round”.

Our takeaway meal was a disaster – best chippy had shut and second-best is closed for relocation; tried to get a Chinese meal – they were very slow (could have come home and cooked it quicker), then the chicken was very undercooked, rice was watery and bland.  I had precooked peas and tomatoes to have with the intended F&C, and that was all I actually ate!  J did a bit better, as he ate the rice with sauce and prawn crackers; OH ate his whole portion, with no ill-effects, but I was just not prepared to risk it.  Was glad to have my poached egg for breakfast!

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• Hi, all. I'll start the new thread, but it will be later than usual tonight. I'm going to take a nap, and then get up and do some housework while I listen to today's election results. :-) Hope everyone is having a nice weekend!

• Thanks DIANE - I wonder which of the election results?

ANNETTE - I have never had a cleaner but my mind is certainly not closed to it. My friend had a particularly heavy time at work a year or so ago and did the same.

OG- Don't blame you for not eating chicken. Glad that your OH survived, though!

Watched Easter from King' s this evening. Alone, because these things are not to my OHs taste.

• Heather B said:

Thanks DIANE - I wonder which of the election results?

Heather: Only the Democrats are voting today (Clinton vs. Sanders) -- in Washington State, Alaska, and Hawaii. So the results will come in very late here in the east because of their earlier time zones. Hope you're having a nice weekend.

• After church, we will be going to a pre lunch drinks and nibbles for the  80th Birthday of a bowls club member, then off to see my brother and his wife for our lunch. I will probably not be able to post on here tomorrow, so I will wish you ALL a Very Happy Easter.